DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any word on Mavic pro 2?

mtnrider16

Reactions
i've been interested in buying a drone for over a year now, and now with the compact ability the mavic has, i'm dying to get my hands on one, especially since ive recently moved to new zealand... Though i have discovered this forum and have been reading countless problems with the drone... Is it worth waiting months to get one or should i be looking at other brands/ newer model? Would love to hear your input please.

lol, DJI hasn't even fulfilled the current demand. As much as I'd like to see a 2nd generation with more features, you are better off wishing for the elusive goggles sooner than a M2.

i have discovered this forum and have been reading countless problems with the drone
That's mostly why forums like these exist. People come here when they need help. You'll always see lots of problems being reported/discussed here.

Is it worth waiting months to get one or should i be looking at other brands/ newer model?
DJI is currently shipping Mavics in 5-7 business days if you purchase from the DJI Store here.

i've been interested in buying a drone for over a year now, and now with the compact ability the mavic has, i'm dying to get my hands on one, especially since ive recently moved to new zealand... Though i have discovered this forum and have been reading countless problems with the drone... Is it worth waiting months to get one or should i be looking at other brands/ newer model? Would love to hear your input please.

I feel like any new drone is going to have problems for what, maybe half a year? Even if it's from an established line of drones. That's the sort of thing I hear, anyway.
But it is also true that waiting for a later entrant in the Mavic series will likely get you a quadcopter that learns from and probably addresses some design weaknesses in the current Mavic hardware.
The Mavic 2 will likely have its own set of issues, as the Phantom 4 did compared to the Phantom 3, but like the P4 vs. P3, you'll be getting a net improvement, slight as it may turn out to be.

Honestly, I'd say that once you see a quad you want, research it, and get a feel for what sort of problems you may encounter in the course of owning it, it's a matter of deciding if those problems and quirks you'll deal are outweighed by the model's good points.

No idea what improvements we'll see on a Mavic 2 one day, but if the current generation of Mavic doesn't seem like a dealbreaker to you, go ahead and wait a little while for those of us who already own one to iron out the bugs, and get yourself a nice, time-tested Mavic. (Which was my plan to do with a Phantom 3 Advanced until the MAvic came out, and I decided the ease of travel with it outweighed the risks of adopting a new model of drone.)

As msinger mentioned, the threads and posts on here on the Mavic are normally looking for help with issues. I've had the mavic for a couple of months now and it flew perfectly straight out the box. I've honestly had no issues, as I'm sure is the same with many owners. The Mavic is a great bit of kit.

Reactions: mtnrider16
I remember reading about the Phantom and being put off by flyaway stories on forums. I pulled the trigger and it gave me 18 months of hassle free flying. Just do it, you won't regret it

This is like any other rapidly evolving technology. You can wait for the next thing which obsoletes this thing but that cycle never ends. It's just like cell phones have been for the last nine years.

I always just buy what I want and be happy with it although I always do have a bit of envy when someone else gets the next new thing.

I say just make the jump, buy it and enjoy it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots