DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody has had problems removing the micro SD memory card?

Spanish Flyer

Reactions
Dear friends,

Just got my Mavic for Christmas and due to weather conditions haven't been able to fly it but for two very small periods of time.
While waiting for the Mavic to arrive I purchased in Amazon an adequate 64 GB micro SD card and replaced the 16 GB card that came with the bird; my idea was to remove it and dump all files into my PC once it was full, but the other day fiddling with the quad, I noticed the card was jammed in the slot and not having a smal indent in the slot, like other DJI drones have I have no way of pulling it out with tweezers or anything I can think of. It went in perfectly well and clicked into place, but now pushing it does nothing and I've run out of ideas.

In the mean time I just plug the drone to a USB on my PC and download and erase the cards contents (after turning on the Mavic), but still I must be able to get it out (just imagine if the SD card gives up on me..)

So has this happened to anyone? Any ideas will be more than welcome :)

I had that same issue with my sandisk 128gb... I just used tweezers to get it out then I lightly sanded the edges of the card. All good now.

I had a problem pulling the SD card out last night.

I used a very tiny pair of tweezers that I happen to own to pull it out.

Put it back in and the spring mechanism seemed fine. Was able to eject it the normal way using my finger tip.

Well I guess I didn't try hard enough!

The problem I find is that contrary to the bigger DJI drones such as the Phantoms, they have an indentation on the slot that allows you to grab the card by about 1mm, but our Mavic is just flat...

One thing is clear, if you managed, I must try it again till it comes out; by the way, did you grab the SD card from the sides or from top & bottom?

Thanks a lot to both; anyway, I'm going to try it immediately.

Best regards,

Spanish Flyer

Thank you PropPilot, I'm right now in the process of trying with a pair of very thin tweezers; one thing is sure when and if I get it out I will rub the top side of the SD card so it doesn't happen again.

BR,

Spanish Flyer

Same issue here, as the other posted stated, use a pair of tweezers then use a fine grit sandpaper to *lightly* sand just a little on the flat sides, you will now find the card will 'jump' out of the slot so be ready to catch it.

OK friends, the SD card is out!
I just needed to know that it was possible, so I tried for seferal minutes pushing it in all directions but it didn't move. I then sharpened the tweezers as thin as I could and then pushed them in from the sides (not top and bottom) and it suddenly came out very slightly, but enough to use a more powerful set of tweezers and managed to pull it out.

Knowing that there was a problem with its thickness I sanded down the top of the card till I removed the ridge they have on the top side and very slightly on the rest.... It now comes out and in as it should.

Thanks to everyone for giving me the strength to try harder, since it was clear it could be done.

Best regards,

Spanish Flyersamsung sd card removed from slot.jpg samsung sd card after sanding.jpg samsung sd card removed from slot.jpg samsung sd card after sanding.jpg

Reactions: Big Bull
Well I guess I didn't try hard enough!

The problem I find is that contrary to the bigger DJI drones such as the Phantoms, they have an indentation on the slot that allows you to grab the card by about 1mm, but our Mavic is just flat...

One thing is clear, if you managed, I must try it again till it comes out; by the way, did you grab the SD card from the sides or from top & bottom?

Thanks a lot to both; anyway, I'm going to try it immediately.

Best regards,

Spanish Flyer

Actually from the sides. Again, my tweazers are really tiny. The ends are almost as sharp as a needle. The first pair of tweasers I tried we to thick to fit in.

You could try two needles.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Mmmm, shouldn't need to sand the card, that lip is there to help you grab the tiny little card. I had this very issue with mine on first opening the box with the stock card. Tweezzered it out and found that if I was a little more attentive when inserting it to stop when I got the click, it would then eject fine when I got the edge of my finger nail on it and pushed to the next click point. It seams that little card mechanism may jam if you push a bit to far or hard.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Same issue with mine, some gentle taps and finally I could see it BARELY pop up enough to grab with tweezers. So it is too tight a fit with the 16GB card that comes with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots