DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody have problem with the transparent plastic cover?

JogjaSky

Reactions
Ive made 3 short videos as a test, the
Mavic props glare are very clear, even in hover with no forward movement. Seems to be the rflexion of the plastic cover.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
What you see is what you should expect with the cover on. It is not a surprise. For best picture quality you should take the cover off. You would only fly with the cover on in situations where the protection is more important than the picture quality.

Reactions: dam and scooot
Yup take it off while flying. I think it was probably added for gimbal protection while storing the Mavic.. you could use a polar Pro no filter if you like, i.e to protect the lens.

The cover also slows down air flow to the fan that keeps the mavic cool ... so it looks like the recomendations are to fly with out the cover in place

I agree with Anthony... After watching recent videos I think it would be risky to fly with the cover on for the reason stated - blocking cooling airflow. I am almost surprised now that DJI makes it with clear plastic. Drone Valley has a video that shows this clearly.

Reactions: Jeffrey Palomba
I agree with Anthony... After watching recent videos I think it would be risky to fly with the cover on for the reason stated - blocking cooling airflow. I am almost surprised now that DJI makes it with clear plastic. Drone Valley has a video that shows this clearly.
I clumsily cracked mine while trying to remove it for the first time. I also had trouble putting the gimble clamp back on.

I flew with it on the first days, then notice the glare, newer used it since. I saw on some videos the cover was not transparent?

Broke the bottom tab on mine. The 2 little upper tabs are OK, so I just keep it in place with an elastic - very solid.
Ordered TWO replacements...:rolleyes:

I flew with mine for the first few flights while I learned how to fly. Once I got it down and didn't crash, it comes off every time.

For best video remove the plastic protector, but it's not a lens cap as such (that is what the rubber cover is for) and it is designed to be used in flight in conditions where the camera might be damaged e.g. moisture, sea spray, dust and sand etc.

In flight there should be plenty of air flow to cool the Mavic plastic cover or not, but the Mavic will get hot if left idling on the ground.

Just to add, I had the EXACT same reflection issue as @JogjaSky - check it out:

Dji_0029.jpg

And:

DJI_0031.JPG

This was on my first ever flight (this morning!) and I could see it on the screen, thought it was perhaps low sunlight but no matter which way I turned the Mavic, it was always visible.

As per other posts above, I'll probably leave it on for a few more flights (I'm still in Beginner mode!) and once I've got used to flying, I'll be removing it.

Again, there is no mention of removing it in the instructions, or any of the tutorial videos. Mine also came with a soft rubber black plastic cap which fits over the dome.

I was worried there was something wrong with my camera, thanks everyone, you have reassured me there is no fault :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143