DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody switching their controls?

kona

Reactions
I was wondering if it's common to swap the functions of the left and right control knobs. I.e., whether swapping them is more natural for some people (e.g., left-handed, or left-dominant vision type folks).

Its probably not common, but i'm sure some people do it.

Mode 2 (throttle left stick) has been the standard RC layout for decades and is the default for all high end transmitters. Keep in mind that you will be training yourself some bad habits if you ever wanted to use "standard " or non-alterable equipment, but other than that you can do what you want.

Last edited:
I have seen where some use mode 3, as it resembles console game controllers. Even though I'm a gamer, I fly in mode 2 for the reason that Robert stated above. It's the industry standard.

Reactions: ChopSticks
I have seen where some use mode 3, as it resembles console game controllers. Even though I'm a gamer, I fly in mode 2 for the reason that Robert stated above. It's the industry standard.

Exactly this, after my first handful of flights I decided to change to mode 3 since it just made more "sense" coming from decades of gaming

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett