DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else been rained on? :)

bradc972

Reactions
Site
www.coltwater.com
So, flying around this morning and it started raining.

My own fault, I knew there was a good chance, but I love to fly this thing.

No issues in flight, waiting for it to dry now to see if anything comes of it.

Anyone else been so lucky? I have DJI Care Refresh, so I'm not concerned if something does go wonky. It is all kind of comical to me at this point!

Curious about this myself.

I live part-time on a tropical island in Mexico. It rains there with very little warning. Checking forecasts isn't very helpful since rain is always in the forecast.

So, flying around this morning and it started raining.

My own fault, I knew there was a good chance, but I love to fly this thing.

No issues in flight, waiting for it to dry now to see if anything comes of it.

Anyone else been so lucky? I have DJI Care Refresh, so I'm not concerned if something does go wonky. It is all kind of comical to me at this point!

I'd remove the battery and leave off the gimbal lock and cover so any moisture in there could evaporate.

I flew in some light snow when I first got the mavic. It melted all over the drone. No issues.

I did once with the Mavic, but it was hardly a rain, it was some micro sprinkles, I saw the drops on the screen, I was pretty close in and wasn't any rain at home point, brought it back, only some tiny, tiny spots were wet, and all was good.

I've had a RC plane, get pretty wet, no issues, and another multi-rotor get caught in the rain, no issues, and once crashed a mini-quad into a river, that one I placed in a pillow case, put it in a pelican case, then filled the case with rice, after a week, everything was OK, just the lipo I scrapped.

UPDATE: All is well. Let it dry for the day yesterday and just flew this morning. No new issues! Guess the little guy doesn't mind a bath.

Not sure I'll run out and fly in the rain again, but its good to know that f you get caught out, its not the end of the world.

Mine got wet, thunder storm posed up, and my concern was condesentation getting to electric components. I brought into garage and ran motors (not flying) for about 30 seconds and then thoroughly dried every thing I could. Sometimes moisture can take time to have negative effects.

Reactions: 8BitMavics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekleeth