DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else having drifting issues?

Hi all.

Is anyone having drifting issues with their mavic?

This has been reported a few times but i believe most if not all had been resolved with completing calibrations of the drone and the RC. Have you tried this ?

Funnily enough my first couple of flights were fine, solid as a rock. My last flight the Mavic was moving 2-3 feet in every direction. Wasn't windy either. Did find it strange.

yeah mine's been drifting quite a bit. I've calibrated the compass and IMU but haven't tried the RC which I will try.

yeah mine's been drifting quite a bit. I've calibrated the compass and IMU but haven't tried the RC which I will try.
let me how its goes mate pls...not sure what is meant by calbrating thr RC.. unless its the moving the joy stick about in the box... done that no joy

But why the change all of a sudden. Nothing's changed on the Mavic itself.
exactly!!!!!! i really dont want to send it back!!! nothing has changed but the drifting...slightest bit of wind ..and im talk 2 knots...just a breeze.. and its all over the place..

Funnily enough my first couple of flights were fine, solid as a rock. My last flight the Mavic was moving 2-3 feet in every direction. Wasn't windy either. Did find it strange.
exactly the same as mine mate!!!

flew it like 10 times...no worrries at all... was so pleased with it.. now just like your drifting all over the place.

I do not have a wind drifting problem, but I do have a drifting problem in corners. Last week I was testing all 3 drones the best is my P4. The Mavic does cause you to be a little careful in corners as there is a delay between turning the drone and when the drone changes direction. The worst is a Typhoon H it is a slow stable platform, but it does not like to change direction when moving forward. I hovered the Mavic for 15 minutes with little or no drift in winds of around 10 mph.

Great reception does not mean the signal is pure, solar activity can have an effect on signal accuracy without decreasing the reception level.

Great reception does not mean the signal is pure, solar activity can have an effect on signal accuracy without decreasing the reception level.
I understand that, but loss of GPS is "most of the time" down to loss of satellites. As pilots we are told in the manual to not fly until we have a certain number locked on. How do we assess quality of signal?

I am not discounting what you're saying as a possible reason for the GPS health issues we've been seeing on a number of units over the last few months. But, I think when you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras. Blaming inter-planetary and atmospheric anomalies seems like a stretch, when you consider that the problem seems to be limited to the MP, and not other GPS-equipped items (like phones, Phantom X's, etc). There seems to be a very real, very significant issue with the GPS signal going from a perfectly healthy 5 to 1 nearly instantly. Not saying that's the case here, but I'm far more interested in finding out what the hardware issues are, before blaming such general factors as solar flares.

Guys, I also got some weird drifting as well.

My experience was strange because during the drift, all my left stick movement was not response. (im using mode 2)

I will eventually regain control...but it's very vulnerable and a high risk of crashing if you are within the 5-10 meters to a wall.

I've had 2 minor accidents so far with the drone in this one particular location where I tried to use it to practice. Probably not coming here anymore.

A few things I've learned to date with this drifting issue.

1. It's a bit dark (don't think this has anything to do with drifting)
2. Gps signal is not stable (my log indicates my last 10-15 secs has weak gps signal prior to the crash)
3. beginner mode is on
4. In a combo of beginner mode and weak gps signal my drone drifts

Interestingly, out of beginner mode, I've never crashed or had issues. If the gps signal is weak, i could still pilot and overcome the drifting.

A speculative thought. Curious if beginner mode + weak gps signal + drifting = my odd experience

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag