DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else having issues with firmware?

Jason

Reactions
Powered on to fly today, said I needed to update firmware. Connected to computer, update fails every time. Tried restarting, update keeps failing. Restored to factory settings, will not connect to DJI go app.

Mac, PC?

Turn everything off. Unplug all the cables from the controller, turn on the Computer and start Assistant 2. Then connect the controller via the side micro USB port and then turn it on. Try to update and see if it works.

When you say it will not connect to the GO app, which port are you using, the side or the bottom USB port? Make sure that only ONE cable is ever plugged in at any time when powering on the controller.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Using a Mac. Tried rebooting everything on my computer, still failed. Uninstalled the DJI Go app, re-installed. Now it seems to be updating from the DJI Go App.... Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if it works.

and also, been on the chat with DJI support from their website... pretty USELESS!!!

You are young (I assume)! You have now learnt the most valuable lesson, DJI Support is only there for when you have exhausted all forums and you KNOW you need to send it back in for repair lol

Reactions: getoutandplay
Actually, I'm 46, and I've owned a Phantom 1, Vision 2, Phantom 3 and now Mavic. Been flying for around 5 years. I always reach out to forums first, but while waiting on responses, it never hurts to give DJI a chance to redeem themselves.

Thanks for your help. I got the firmware to update via DJI G0 4 app.

Does anyone ever update the firmware via dji assistant on the computer?

I just got mine today and I have not been able to get it flying yet....

First connection was great, but I decided to try the flight sim and I think this caused a lot of issues...

After the sim I went to take off and I saw the FW was required. Over WiFi
I started the FW and the controller lost connection to the mavic
I saw an error that the simulator is still open
Even after the FW update it would not "stop" the simulator so I needed to stop the app
When launching the app the orientation was flipped on the iPhone (reversed)
This seemed to resolve itself when the mavic connected to the controller
Then I went to take off (FW was updated already..) and it started a 2nd FW update (this one took about 20m)
During that update the controller again got disconnected from the mavic and never connected again
Looked online and seems like it was a common problem - never had it on my P3A.
Uninstalled app and reinstalled
Mavic connected to the controller, but once connection was established the phone / device was blinking every 1-2 seconds. It was not usable.
Rebooted phone....
same issue.

I eventually gave up and figured I would try again later.

Just received mine today... had to do two firmware updates.. all thru DJI Go App. Flawlessly. I'm impressed and happy

I will admit tho... the time it took was testing my patience.. but I figured I would just let it do its thing till there were no more status bars and such... it works tho

If everything works, don't jump on updates. Updates are not always upgrades!IMG_0057.GIF
With DJI.;)

If everything works, don't jump on updates. Updates are not always upgrades!
With DJI.;)

Whilst I would agree with this for established products with a history of being stable with regards to the Mavic at this stage I would strongly urge people to update the f/w as soon as it is available even at the expense of some things being being omitted (in this case the Art Profile) or some menu items being renamed. The core of the f/w is constantly being improved as users report issues and this is what keeps them in the air etc.
Once established in the field then pick and choose, even drop back a few f/w versions as many do with the Phantom etc. but at this stage I would simply not risk it.

Whilst I would agree with this for established products with a history of being stable with regards to the Mavic at this stage I would strongly urge people to update the f/w as soon as it is available even at the expense of some things being being omitted (in this case the Art Profile) or some menu items being renamed. The core of the f/w is constantly being improved as users report issues and this is what keeps them in the air etc.
Once established in the field then pick and choose, even drop back a few f/w versions as many do with the Phantom etc. but at this stage I would simply not risk it.
I can understand your urge to have the latest release, that's why we're all here.;)

I also appreciate the firmware discussions on these forums when people find out DJI tweeked something wrong, or everything still works.

Having been through three generations of Phantoms since 2012, I've done my share of firmware updates, and seen how DJI makes it very difficult to go back. A good example would be the 1.5 firmware for Phantom 3. DJI had tweeked the battery settings to prevent overheating, and P3s were suddenly shutting down in midair.:eek:

Many of us were worried about losing our birds, so some didn't fly, some risked it, and some tried to go back to firmware 1.4. Unfortunately, some people got their RC to roll back, but the Phantom didn't and they had to send their units back to DJI. To nobody's surprise, there was another "update" to fix their "update" a few days later.

I got my Mavic last week with firmware 1.02 which has been flawless. Just like my P3P on firmware 1.4. I see no reason to fix something that's not broken. But, I am a bit nostalgic as I still fly my P3 on the 1.10 DJI Pilot App. with a ceiling of 5000 feet.;)

Best wishes to you all, and safe flights and landings!

I can understand your urge to have the latest release, that's why we're all here.;)

I also appreciate the firmware discussions on these forums when people find out DJI tweeked something wrong, or everything still works.

Having been through three generations of Phantoms since 2012, I've done my share of firmware updates, and seen how DJI makes it very difficult to go back. A good example would be the 1.5 firmware for Phantom 3. DJI had tweeked the battery settings to prevent overheating, and P3s were suddenly shutting down in midair.:eek:

Many of us were worried about losing our birds, so some didn't fly, some risked it, and some tried to go back to firmware 1.4. Unfortunately, some people got their RC to roll back, but the Phantom didn't and they had to send their units back to DJI. To nobody's surprise, there was another "update" to fix their "update" a few days later.

I got my Mavic last week with firmware 1.02 which has been flawless. Just like my P3P on firmware 1.4. I see no reason to fix something that's not broken. But, I am a bit nostalgic as I still fly my P3 on the 1.10 DJI Pilot App. with a ceiling of 5000 feet.;)

Best wishes to you all, and safe flights and landings!

Firmware 1.02 has a TBE bug that is caused by high current, either full forward in Sports mode or full forward + full up in normal mode... When that happens the 2 compasses in the Mavic will start to divert and cause the Mavic to fly in a toilet bowl motion... The new firmware fixes this issue by changing the heading to use the 2nd compass and displays a compass error in this situation. I think its' worth updating to the 1.03 simply for this fix...

I tried the assistant on my mac first and the mavic failed while the controller was successful. The Go app worked better for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Got mine about a week ago, I've done 2 firmware updates, both went flawlessly, It requested a compass calibration which I ignored because it's so cold outside and it drifted while flying indoors to the point of almost crashing, flew it outdoors and still wanted to drift without the compass calibration, finally did the calibration and now it flies rock solid indoors or outdoors, I couldn't be happier with this unit!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

:eek: Never ignore a compass calibration request. Put a coat on lol :)

EDIT: OK, just saw Alaska. Make that 3 coats :D

Got my mavic on Monday and have done two updates since then without any issues at all ... i updated vid DJI GO 4 app.

Received a Mavic Pro today. Using DJI GO 4 version 4.0.1 App on LG G4 on Android 6.0. When I connect the devices, the app has a green banner that says:

Upgrade firmware
Mavic Pro 01.03.0200

Clicking the banner launches a screen with information about the upgrade, the size and estimated duration of the process. There is a back arrow at the top left to return to the previous screen. The size of download appears in a blue font with a blue rectangle but it is not clickable and there is no button or hyperlink to initiate the download nor does any progress indicator appear.

I tried the instructions and quick start guide and there is nothing about firmware. I tried the online DJI support videos but the screens for firmware update bear no similarity to the app DJI recommends and I have installed.

I ensured batteries were charged in the phone, controller and drone and all three items were on and connected. I rebooted and relaunched everything twice and tried multiple times until batteries were down to 70%.

How can DJI be permitted to be in business if something as fundamental as a firmware upgrade doesn't function? How can they release an app without any relevant information about how to perform such an upgrade? At this point, do I have any option other than to return an unsupported and immature chunk of over priced unsupported junk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji