DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone familiar with rules in Vienna?

Chops

Reactions
I have a trip coming up to Vienna, Austria from the US in a few weeks. Hopefully, my Mavic (fly more combo) will get here before then.

Is anyone familiar with restrictions to drones and aerial photography in Vienna?

Thanks!

I was hoping that someone would have some experience flying in the area.

Unfortunately, links to specifics are all in german and not a whole lot of detailed information can be found:
Drone Laws in Austria | UAV Coach

This link (below) explains the difference between class 1, 2 and 3 drones and suggests that class 2 drones (which the Mavic should fall under) are subject to less strict rules. I can't find a clear explanation of what the rules are for non-commercial, line of sight drones.

http://epub.oeaw.ac.at/ita/ita-dossiers/ita-dossier006en.pdf

Unless I see a clear explanation of existing rules/laws, I'll probably play it safe and leave the bird at home for this trip and avoid potential problems.

Did you ever get more clear info on this? I agree it sounds like line of sight and below certain altitudes are fine in the mavic class...but then refers to having pilot license or having passed an exam....which is in German and has to be written at the authority site.

I am going skiing in Saalbach in Feb and was hoping to be able to bring it.

Did you ever get more clear info on this? I agree it sounds like line of sight and below certain altitudes are fine in the mavic class...but then refers to having pilot license or having passed an exam....which is in German and has to be written at the authority site.

I am going skiing in Saalbach in Feb and was hoping to be able to bring it.

I decided to leave mine since I couldn't figure out the rules.
Seems like that flying there would not be easy for visitors:

http://mavicpilots.com/index.php?th...share_tid=2696&share_fid=1514257&share_type=t

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada