DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying in Las Vegas??

Revoh713

Reactions
I haven't got my Mavic just yet...waiting on my order to ship! Very impatiently I might add! I'm ready for it to be at my control! :)
Anyone else in Las Vegas tat is waiting on theirs as well or already has it? It would be fun to get together as a group and fly!

I haven't got my Mavic just yet...waiting on my order to ship! Very impatiently I might add! I'm ready for it to be at my control! :)
Anyone else in Las Vegas tat is waiting on theirs as well or already has it? It would be fun to get together as a group and fly!
U can't fly in Vegas. Not in the strip. It's very near to the airport.

I brought my p3 there this year, but I didn't fly despite it being my honeymoon. Prevention is better than cure. Don't be that guy :)

U can't fly in Vegas. Not in the strip. It's very near to the airport.

I brought my p3 there this year, but I didn't fly despite it being my honeymoon. Prevention is better than cure. Don't be that guy :)

Flumpet, I live here. This is why I posted this. I'm looking for anyone in the area that might want to get together and fly. There are plenty of places to fly in the area...not just down the Strip. That would be cool, but obviously never happening.

Reactions: wayy510 and flumpet
Flumpet, I live here. This is why I posted this. I'm looking for anyone in the area that might want to get together and fly. There are plenty of places to fly in the area...not just down the Strip. That would be cool, but obviously never happening.
Vegas local here. Plenty of areas to fly here. Redrock area and my charleston are the spots I like to go to! When did u order your Mavic?

Vegas local here. Plenty of areas to fly here. Redrock area and my charleston are the spots I like to go to! When did u order your Mavic?
Really?
Taken directly from Restock Canyon website:

Visitors are prohibited from launching and landing drones and other unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) at Red Rock Canyon. Drones and UAS are considered “motorized equipment” and are also not allowed in Red Rock Canyon’s Wilderness Areas (La Madre Wilderness Area & Rainbow Wilderness Area). Drone and UAS flights can disturb wildlife, disrupt tranquil environments for visitors, create hazards for manned aircraft such as Emergency Search and Rescue or BLM Fire operations, and cause other issues.

The Las Vegas Soaring Club has flying space nearby. To find out more information, please visitwww.lvsoaringclub.org

Also, is Red Rock not a State Park? Which means UAV flying is banned.

Just enquiring - don't shoot the messenger!

When I say redrock area, I'm referring to the road going towards redrock. Park anywhere and fly. Ive never flown inside of redrock before but I'm sure you can, just don't get caught lol. I find that flying in parks have never been a problem though. I've flown in Zion national park right next to the main road center of the park and no one batted an eye. But I guess it really depends if u encounter rangers or not. I would imagine they'll just ask you to bring it down. But your experience may vary lol.

Reactions: nvaerialmedia
I ordered it a few weeks ago...just got an update that said shipping still looks good for mid November...11/14 is what they are saying. I pre-ordered it from Massdrop. Hoping their shipping schedule stays on track!! What about flying in the area just before Red Rock? Thats not in the park so I'm assuming it would be fine to fly there. I can't remember the name of the turnoff right now, but its also a great hiking spot!

Just remembered the name...Calico Basin. That's not technically within Red Rock Canyon! :)

Last edited:
Hey, new member here. I'm a Vegas local as well. I got my Mavic on Friday and have just been hitting the local park to check her out.

I did get a chance to shoot the Blue Angel the other day, so that was fun.

Reactions: Revoh713
I ordered it a few weeks ago...just got an update that said shipping still looks good for mid November...11/14 is what they are saying. I pre-ordered it from Massdrop. Hoping their shipping schedule stays on track!! What about flying in the area just before Red Rock? Thats not in the park so I'm assuming it would be fine to fly there. I can't remember the name of the turnoff right now, but its also a great hiking spot!

Just remembered the name...Calico Basin. That's not technically within Red Rock Canyon! :)
Yup, I flew my phantom there a while back, really pretty area! And free!

Hey, new member here. I'm a Vegas local as well. I got my Mavic on Friday and have just been hitting the local park to check her out.

Very nice! No issues being that close to that cell tower?

That's great! There are so many things like this to shoot in Vegas!

So, being new to flying in Vegas, are there any regular meet up spots?
True about everything being so close to the airport. It doesn't help that it's right in the middle of the city!
I used to fly RC Helis at Bennett Field by Sam Boyd Stadium but I think it would be a lot of fun to get the Mavic pilots in Vegas together to go fly at different spots around the area.

I'm down to do a mavic meetup, once I have a mavic lol (I gave my first one as a gift thinking I would get the 2nd one right away, but then the shipping issues came about. boy did that suck) lol.

Here's a quick vid of me parking on the side of the road just pass redrock.

Reactions: Revoh713
I'm down to do a mavic meetup, once I have a mavic lol (I gave my first one as a gift thinking I would get the 2nd one right away, but then the shipping issues came about. boy did that suck) lol.

Here's a quick vid of me parking on the side of the road just pass redrock.

You had a Mavic in your possession and you gave it away!!! I would have given the second one! :) LOL!!! Us Vegas guys need to definitely get together maybe at the beginning of the year once we all have them to trade notes!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato