DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone getting jello effect from not having ND filters yet?

Carlos de Castro

Reactions
I think I'm getting a slight jello effect on the bottom of the screen in some videos, mainly at faster speeds. I can't wait to get my polar pro 6 pack, due to arrive soon.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I see some as well at time shooting 2.7k. Waiting for my filters as well. Hopefully they should be shipping next week. Gonna have to hold your breath every time you swap out a filter. That camera is sooooooo delicate looking. Yikes!

I get tons of waviness with frame rates above 30fps. But I was under the impression that was moire. I don't really know the difference though.

First I tough its a gimbal vibration problem... Never tough shatter speed can do such a thing. Unless it is a gimbal problem :/

That's not shutter speed "jello".
That's the gimbal

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's sucks I guess. Most of the times its fine, just got this jello once couple of flights ago, after seeing footage test it again immediately and it was all fine. and then this morning when I was in Tripod mode it become visable again. But other flight was perfect. Does everyone get it once in a while or should I consider to send it back?

Was very careful with Mavic, always having protection when transporting and keeping in soft bag. No crashes or drops. Start to get it after last update...

Will do more tests soon...

First I tough its a gimbal vibration problem... Never tough shatter speed can do such a thing. Unless it is a gimbal problem :/
It looks like u have both issues

mine is not that bad. It happens when flying faster. I really need these filters to lower the noise on videos.

That's sucks I guess. Most of the times its fine, just got this jello once couple of flights ago, after seeing footage test it again immediately and it was all fine. and then this morning when I was in Tripod mode it become visable again. But other flight was perfect. Does everyone get it once in a while or should I consider to send it back?

Was very careful with Mavic, always having protection when transporting and keeping in soft bag. No crashes or drops. Start to get it after last update...

Will do more tests soon...

Redo an IMU calibration after firmware update (do when phantom is cold and don't let it warm up).
Then redo a gimbal calibration.
Also check that the camera is mounted correctly. Is should fit loosely under 2 front tabs and 1 rear centred tab. They are known to pop out easily.

Reactions: Spuds_McKenzie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost