DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone having trouble focusing after the firmware update?

kevinljxljx

Reactions
I just updated to DJI GO 4 and firmware 01.03.000 today, and my Mavic can't focus after those updates...
I tried to downgrade to the old DJI GO app and firmware 01.02.0900 but can't solve the problem. I guess the new firmware messed up the drone?
My Mavic was totally fine before those updates. Anyone else experience the same problem here?

Two clips shows my Mavic having trouble focusing.
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity

New firmware - auto focus on take off and auto focus when record button is triggered.
Try reverting to older firmware if you still have issues.

New firmware - auto focus on take off and auto focus when record button is triggered.
Try reverting to older firmware if you still have issues.
I tried to downgrade to older firmware and DJI GO App without any luck...

It has now "auto" focus when you start video recording. But later during the flight you need manually select focusing point.

Reactions: Sparky1963
Go back to the latest f/w. Reset your Camera Settings then under Camera options in v4.0 there is a new option to Calibrate Lens. Let us know if that helped.

I have seen a few people in the past have a similar issue with focusing and simply resetting the Camera Options fixed that but I would try all the above.

Do not have my Mavic at the mo but apparently it is under Camera settings. Some options are not available unless the quad is actually powered on and connected to the remote though.

I did imu and gimbal..... so everything thing was powered on at this time.... but couldn't find it..... let me know when u get home

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Will not have mine back until tomorrow unfortunately but I have put the feelers out so hopefully have some more info shortly.

I had a hard time focusing yesterday in flight. was a nightmare

Go back to the latest f/w. Reset your Camera Settings then under Camera options in v4.0 there is a new option to Calibrate Lens. Let us know if that helped.

I have seen a few people in the past have a similar issue with focusing and simply resetting the Camera Options fixed that but I would try all the above.
Thanks for reply. I tried reset camera options with no luck, and where is the calibrate lens option? I can't find it anywhere.

I have this exact same issue
Have you found any resolution to the issue?

I have logged a support case but awaiting a response

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots