DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Arizona

I was flying it.. I used active track at the beginning but it wouldn't actually follow the boat, now that I'm thinking about it i may have used spotlight so the drone just sat in one spot and kept the boat centered without actually following it..

That structure on the side of I-10 west of Phoenix near the 303... Abandoned since 1966, Phoenix Trotting Park is expected to be demolished this summer. I thought I should grab some footage of it while I have the chance.

New MP owner in Phoenix and haven't found a place for it's inaugural flight .
I'm up around Glendale Av and SR 51.
Can someone tell me a near by (legal) place to go to fly it for the first time?
I'm more than 5 miles from Sky Harbor but it appears I'm still in class B airspace according to the RC.
Any help is appreciated!

Download Airmap. It will tell you where you can and can't fly. There is a great city park at 7th Ave and Peoria that has a place for RC aircraft to fly in. You can also fly at Granada Park near 20th street and Glendale.

Download Airmap. It will tell you where you can and can't fly. There is a great city park at 7th Ave and Peoria that has a place for RC aircraft to fly in. You can also fly at Granada Park near 20th street and Glendale.

Thanks! I was concerned about Grenada park because of the class B airspace warning that pops up on on DJI Go and B4UFly but ..... it's just down the street.

so, I'm looking at airmap and a little confused. There is a yellow circle around the town of Cave Creek ... does that mean that I can't fly within that circle?

Just an FYI - I checked with StateFarm today, they offered me a no-deductible personal article policy covering my Mavic for $60/year.. sounds like a much better proposition than DJI care to me.

Hi that is a good quote. What all do they cover?

See attached .. should cover total loss (including flyaways), damage, theft... the only concern is that if you file a claim within the first year they may not extend the policy again and if you do file a claim anytime they may bump your risk rating and hit you on other policies.. so keep that in mind

Attachments

• PAP.pdf
    177.4 KB · Views: 9
See attached .. should cover total loss (including flyaways), damage, theft... the only concern is that if you file a claim within the first year they may not extend the policy again and if you do file a claim anytime they may bump your risk rating and hit you on other policies.. so keep that in mind
Who is your agent?

Thank you for the info!

so, I'm looking at airmap and a little confused. There is a yellow circle around the town of Cave Creek ... does that mean that I can't fly within that circle?

Sky Ranch at Carefree isn't a controlled airspace. It should be Class G and you can fly anywhere in Class G as long as you follow the FAA UAS rules. You can also check out SkyVector.com.

Sky Ranch at Carefree isn't a controlled airspace. It should be Class G and you can fly anywhere in Class G as long as you follow the FAA UAS rules. You can also check out SkyVector.com.

thanks. I'm finally figuring some of this out. I've been flying at Granada park ... an excellent place to practice.

I also chatted with the airport in Sedona and have figured out how I can fly there.

Do any of you guys fly in the hot weather? I mean when it is 105º +?
Would be great to do a meet up. In reading the beginning of this thread, I always noticed the parked planes while driving on Queen Creek Rd towards the I-10. Never knew it was abandoned. Would be fun to go and film that.

Do any of you guys fly in the hot weather? I mean when it is 105º +?
Would be great to do a meet up. In reading the beginning of this thread, I always noticed the parked planes while driving on Queen Creek Rd towards the I-10. Never knew it was abandoned. Would be fun to go and film that.

Yes I do! We all fly in Chandler off price and Willis roads

Reactions: MesaAZGuy
I fly late afternoon. So far, I haven't had any trouble.
Took my MP to Sedona today .... that was nice. Much cooler than the valley

Reactions: BluesDragon
Sweet... I've got Sedona on my flight list as well.
Have to admit though, I've been grounded lately due to this heat. Mostly for me, more then my MP. :(

Sweet... I've got Sedona on my flight list as well.
Have to admit though, I've been grounded lately due to this heat. Mostly for me, more then my MP. :(

It was really nice. About 85, thunderstorms all around ... and no negative comments from other hikers. I completed the online notice to the airport ... just to keep it all legal.

LightSpeed, Let me know next time you go out to Price Rd. Maybe I may join you.

The sky's tonight are lit all around with converging thunderstorms. Love this time of year in AZ. It's 11:04PM and waiting for the downpour to begin. Love seeing my property turn into a temporary lake!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54