DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Ottawa?

I'm from Ottawa as well, Is there a place where I can do a chase cam type of shot on a trail?

Greetings all, I am a Mavic wannabe absorbing all the info I can get before commiting to get one, I am from the Embrun area and I have a beginner drone for under $100.00 which I try to practice without crashing too much, btw there is a program that tells you for your area where it is safe to fly that have restrictions of your area or where you intend to fly,
Here goes Drone Safety Map by Altitude Angel | Altitude Angel
This is for my area and it shows I am close to 2 small airports. Please report back here if it is useful for you.

Thank you all and take care,

Norm Brisson

Here's a shot taken while flying at Mer Bleue Bog this past weekend. Quite chilly on the hands!
zoVQ1TV.jpg
I've recorded here as well,

I have purchased an Autel X-Star Premium, I wonder if in Ottawa people meet with their drones ?

Take Care All

Norm

Greetings all, I am a Mavic wannabe absorbing all the info I can get before commiting to get one, I am from the Embrun area and I have a beginner drone for under $100.00 which I try to practice without crashing too much, btw there is a program that tells you for your area where it is safe to fly that have restrictions of your area or where you intend to fly,
Here goes Drone Safety Map by Altitude Angel | Altitude Angel
This is for my area and it shows I am close to 2 small airports. Please report back here if it is useful for you.

Thank you all and take care,

Norm Brisson
Hey Norm,
Getting a Mavic Pro was an excellent decision, quite pricey, but you get what you pay for. Considering all the technology put into this drone, it's worth it. Message me in the want, Im on vacation flying it in the Bahamas right now.!!

Hey Norm,
Getting a Mavic Pro was an excellent decision, quite pricey, but you get what you pay for. Considering all the technology put into this drone, it's worth it. Message me in the want, Im on vacation flying it in the Bahamas right now.!!

Hi jalexander lucky you in the Bahamas ! Thanks for the reply, I changed my mind on the Mavic Pro and I bought an Autel X-Star premium and will receive it on Monday.
The price and the reviews on this bird convinced me and I hope I made the right choice.
Have fun with your vacation.

Norm

Hey! I just got a Mavic Pro and and still learning. Would love an opportunity to meet up with some local Mavic pilots to learn some tips and tricks if anyone is willing !

Hey! I just got a Mavic Pro and and still learning. Would love an opportunity to meet up with some local Mavic pilots to learn some tips and tricks if anyone is willing !

Hi little elephant I almost bought a Mavic Pro but I purchased a Autel X-Star Premium and been flying for the last 3 days with no experience and it is going very well so far,
I live not far from Limoges with not much interference. You have to make sure you have the latest update installed from DJI and read the manuals fully.
Do you know if the odd fly aways has been resolved by DJI ?

I bid you Good Luck

Norm

Ottawa as well, just moved here with the military. Barrhaven to be precise. Seems like alot of areas around here don't want drones in them. So I'm new to the area of Ottawa and I've seen all the maps indicating what's what with recreational drone flight zones, but I'm still not clear. I'd like to fly my DJI Mavic Pro, very low altt (like skimming the water) over the rideau canal like in the ncr between gatineau and ottawa. Does anyone have info on this? My drone is under 1KG and is recreational. I don't even intend on flying over land, just skimming the river.

Welcome CadPat, as far as I'm concerned I cannot really help you as I live approx. 45 min. from you near Limoges Ont. Though you would think that flying or rather skimming the water on the Rideau or Ottawa river would be OK as long you stay at least 5 miles from airports. When skimming are you within 1 to 2 meters above water?

Good Luck

Ottawa as well, just moved here with the military. Barrhaven to be precise. Seems like alot of areas around here don't want drones in them. So I'm new to the area of Ottawa and I've seen all the maps indicating what's what with recreational drone flight zones, but I'm still not clear. I'd like to fly my DJI Mavic Pro, very low altt (like skimming the water) over the rideau canal like in the ncr between gatineau and ottawa. Does anyone have info on this? My drone is under 1KG and is recreational. I don't even intend on flying over land, just skimming the river.

I've flown many places in Ottawa including over Rideau Canel. I suggest flying in parks to stay out of trouble. Stay 10km away from airports.

I'm near South Keys, and have flown through tons of parks in Ottawa. I've learned techniques for flying properly and smoothly, message me if you have specific questions

5 miles maybe, not km

UA of more than 250 g but not more than 1 kg (very small)
It is proposed that a recreational or non-recreational UA pilot who operates a UA that weighs between 250 g and 1 kg and who operates it anywhere must adhere to the following requirements and limits including, but not limited to:

• (1) Pass a written knowledge test (similar to a boating (see footnote 4) test) to demonstrate aeronautical knowledge in specific subject areas, such as airspace classification and structure, the effects of weather and other areas;
  • (2) Be at least 14 years of age;
  • (3) Operate at the following minimum distance from an aerodrome: 3 nautical miles (NM) [5.56 km] from the centre of the aerodrome. The required distance from heliports and/or aerodromes used exclusively by helicopters would be 1 NM (1.85 km);
  • (4) Operate at least 100 feet (30.5 m) from a person. A distance of less than 100 feet laterally would be possible for operations if conditions such as a reduced maximum permitted speed of 10 knots (11.5 mph) and a minimum altitude of 100 feet are respected;
  • (5) Operate at a maximum distance of 0.25 NM (0.46 km) from the pilot;
  • (6) Operations over or within open-air assemblies of persons (see footnote 5) would not be allowed;
  • (7) Operate below 300 feet;
  • (8) Operate at less than 25 knots (29 mph); and
  • (9) Night operations would not be allowed.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929