DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in the East Atlanta / Athens area flying a Mavic?

Monroe Droner

Reactions
I'm a newbie looking for someone that i can touch base with, that has some experience, on some of the specifics of the Mavic.
Specifically what processes and / or procedures do you use for capturing and transferring video and pictures from the Drone to my Dell PC, editing, and posting.

What SW / App's are out there and which is recommended?

Does DJI have a "Cloud" site for downloading video and tools to edit it with? I've seen some reference to some editing SW on one of the DJI pages but can't find it now.

thanks!

Import to your computer through micro sd to sd adapter or something similar
use DaVinci Resolve for editing - free and allows color grading if you're into that. Not sure about any cloud software...

Thanks Jack! I've got it downloaded to my Video folder on the Dell. I'll follow your lead on DaVinci, still trying to figure out how to easily move to my iPad - as that's what i use most of the time.
Any other suggestions / comments are certainly welcome.

thanks again! david

If you just want to view the drone videos from your iPad you could look into setting up a local (or online if your network can handle it!) server - check out a program called Plex

Last edited:
I'd like to have the videos on my iPad so that I can show them to other folks. Since i really only use the iPad at home I only have WiFi on it, no cellular. As such I'd have to have the video on the iPad if i wanted to take to, say a friend's, and show them.
I'm trying now to work with the iTunes SW to see how i can copy it to my iPad.
thanks!

thanks again Jack - good suggestion. I just figured out how to upload it to my Google Drive which will allow me to send links to folks and I'm getting close on moving the videos to my iTunes acc't then to my iPad. Whew!!
thanks again!

I'm a newbie looking for someone that i can touch base with, that has some experience, on some of the specifics of the Mavic.
Specifically what processes and / or procedures do you use for capturing and transferring video and pictures from the Drone to my Dell PC, editing, and posting.

What SW / App's are out there and which is recommended?

Does DJI have a "Cloud" site for downloading video and tools to edit it with? I've seen some reference to some editing SW on one of the DJI pages but can't find it now.

thanks!

I'm in Conyers but a noob like you so not much help at this point. :)

Thanks Jack! I've got it downloaded to my Video folder on the Dell. I'll follow your lead on DaVinci, still trying to figure out how to easily move to my iPad - as that's what i use most of the time.
Any other suggestions / comments are certainly welcome.

thanks again! david

You can use a game trail adapter. Its like a sd card reader adapter. It has a lightning jack. First load the footage to iMovie, then save to camera roll. It's on amazon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929