DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know how to register a used drone?

Gerry65

Reactions
I've sold my P3S after getting the Mavic and was trying to help the fella get started with his Phantom. I know that he should register it in his name with DJI and the FAA but I couldn't locate anything in a quick search on Google and didn't see any topics about it when I searched this forum. And, nothing seems to be posted on DJI site. So, does anyone have experience registering a used drone with DJI and the FAA. I'm in the process of contacting DJI through email but I need to put the SN in the correspondence and I can't get a hold of the new owner so I was hoping someone from here would know offhand what to do until I can get the SN number. I'll check on the FAA site for info about registering used drones also but if someone has info about that, I'd also appreciate it. Thanks.

You're not registering the drone, you're registering YOU. He needs to go to the FAA site, pay the $5 and put his number on the drone. Done and done.

Reactions: JDLouisville
Ok, I did know that in regard to the FAA registration but just thought there might me something else there. Thanks. Any ideas about what has to be done in regards to DJI and transferring the bird to another person?

Ok, I did know that in regard to the FAA registration but just thought there might me something else there. Thanks. Any ideas about what has to be done in regards to DJI and transferring the bird to another person?

Are you speaking with regards to the REFRESH program here. .?
If not I do not believe anything needs to be transferred with regards to ownership..

No, I didn't have refresh on that one. I just remember registering that drone with DJI when I got it and maybe that was through the DJI GO app. And, I've got a note to myself with my user name, a password and a name for the Phantom so I thought there was a formal process I went through and that the drone is associated with me. If there were warranty issues they'd have me as the owner I think. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious here...and that's not really like me LOL. I hope you're right though. Thanks.

Reactions: codie90
You can't reactivate or otherwise untie a DJI machine from the account it was activated with.

If the new owner creates an account and syncs his flights with the server those flights will be under his account, but if someone wanted to be intentionally sneaky, never logged in nor synced anything but did something stupid then if/when DJI looks at it they would probably still consider it yours since they wouldn't have any record of a change of activity.

I was told that with a used Mavic 3 Cine I would only be able to get 5 flights without the previous owners account info and password. The guy I
Spoke to “Andy”, most likely not his real name said he would get back to me but hasn’t yet. Makes a really nice used drone look really unappealing. Anyone else been thru this? Maybe this is why expensive new drones sell dirt cheap used!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair