DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone label Mavic with your phone number?

skunkman

Reactions
Although I rarely lose sight of my drone I do have a fear of losing it for one reason or another.

I am making a sticker with my name and phone number and a statement that says "Please call. Reward if found"

I haven't decided on the reward amount but I bet $100 would get some attention.

Reactions: buzzlightyr
Absolutely. Phone number is essential. There are still a lot of honest and good people around (though they seem to be in the minority). If they find your property w/o a number, all the good intentions won't get you reunited. Make it easy for them. And use a reward to bribe those that would otherwise try to eBay or Craigslist it.

I have my FAA certificate number on one side of a sheet of paper and my cell phone numbers on the other side.

I also just bought a Trackimo so hopefully neither are ever necessary.

I have my FAA registration number on a piece of paper taped on the "head" of the Mavic, right above the camera in between the sensors on top.

My first and last name, address, and phone number also on the inside under where you put the battery.

I would not suggest engraving unless you never never plan to sell it.

To each his own but I think it's a great idea! Unless your flying illegally!
9ff9f33a6029e8426ddfeb761e7fe196.jpg

Besides having my name, phone number and reward stickers on my Mavic, I created a Owner.txt file on the SD card with the same information. Just in case the writing on the labels gets washed off...

Besides having my name, phone number and reward stickers on my Mavic, I created a Owner.txt file on the SD card with the same information. Just in case the writing on the labels gets washed off...
great idea!

Anyone ever tried those "Tial" tags that you can track with your phone even if your drone dies or lands in the water?

Anyone ever tried those "Tial" tags that you can track with your phone even if your drone dies or lands in the water?

Are you talking about 'Tile' ?

If so, it isn't all that useful for drone use, especially in unpopulated areas as it depends on the relatively short range of bluetooth and works best in areas where there will be a lot of people passing by so you can hope that another Tile user passes within range to let you know where it is.

Reactions: Rbruz and D700
I made a waterproof card with owners phone number and placed it Inder the battery.

Also a text file on the memory card. Didn't mention a reward yet. [emoji51]

I have my FAA certificate number on one side of a sheet of paper and my cell phone numbers on the other side.

I also just bought a Trackimo so hopefully neither are ever necessary.

Looking at the reviews of Trackimo on Amazon, I am very curious how yours is working. Maybe post your findings on a new thread, as it is of interest to so many of us. (Amazon reviews are usually suspect)

Looking at the reviews of Trackimo on Amazon, I am very curious how yours is working. Maybe post your findings on a new thread, as it is of interest to so many of us. (Amazon reviews are usually suspect)

Works fine. Shrug. I open the app on my phone and it is pretty **** close to where it shows. That said, I have not attached it to my Drone. After I attach it this weekend I'm going to fly a pipeline cut near my house. There are few cell towers in the area so I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll land the bird some ways off and film the "search" with my Sony FDR-X3000 to see how well it works.

Is there anyway to prevent it from getting sold on Craigslist or Ebay? There will be some sucker out there who will rather make an easy $700 vs a reward. Seems like at that point, its gone.

Reactions: D700
Have a label in battery compartment with name and phone number, nothing on the outside.

One potential drawback of having your number on the mavic is if it randomly falls out of the sky and hits an old lady on the head... You can't just pack up and walk away quickly...

Reactions: Rbruz
Have a label in battery compartment with name and phone number, nothing on the outside.

One potential drawback of having your number on the mavic is if it randomly falls out of the sky and hits an old lady on the head... You can't just pack up and walk away quickly...

Maybe the message printed on the outside of the Mavics in big, bold red letters should be "Sorry about that bump! Please return me to my owner at (XXX)-XXX-XXXX. Again, Sorry about that! My Bad!"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut