DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone mounted a Trackimo on the DJI Mavic Pro yet?

kykayak

Reactions
Going to do some distance flying tomorrow! I have a Trackimo tracker that I'm considering mounting to the back side of the Mavic. Wanted to ask on here to see if anyone has mounted a Trackimo to the Mavic yet and where you placed it? Anyone came across any 3rd parties selling a mount for the Mavic yet? Thanks again for the help!

Will

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Will I haven't received mine yet so not sure just where you would stick it .I did find this thread though it might not answer your question
you might get an idea .http://mavicpilots.com/posts/10923/ start at the top of that link .

Reactions: Seaken
This guy used this type of setting to add a pano camera to his mavic
20161127_1086120.jpg

Reactions: stresspro
Interested too I have it Velcro to the front but not sure if that's the best spot

Got mine a few days ago looks and works good.

Attachments

• 20170128_232659.jpg
    20170128_232659.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 195
  • 20170128_232712.jpg
    20170128_232712.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 213
Does the mount stay on permanently? I ask this because the way it protrudes it'll never fit in my gear bag.
No it actually just pulls up from the arms. It fits snug enough not to fall off but definitely easy enough to remove. As far as the actual trackimo it does stay snug in the actual mount.

Guys just curious. Why use theses GPS trackers? The DJI GO 4 app provides real time GPS location. If you crash can't you just record/screen shot/what ever..the position then just use a gps to take you to that location?

Guys just curious. Why use theses GPS trackers? The DJI GO 4 app provides real time GPS location. If you crash can't you just record/screen shot/what ever..the position then just use a gps to take you to that location?

Sure if the battery doesn't die, if you don't have a disconnect fly away, if your craft didn't have a gps failure. Too many "ifs" not to have a stand alone tracker

I wish it were that simple...there are a multitude of reasons for having to "track down" a lost drone and I believe the most prevalent cause is lost signal.

Reactions: Mavic Magic
Received my Trackimo mount (same as in the video above) and took it for a test flight at the weekend. Works well and checking the history on the Trakimo website it is fairly accurate. Feel more confident having this onboard now. I experienced a fly away with a Parrot AR Drone many years ago, it is not a nice experience. One I hope never having to experience again.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU