DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone noticed loose screws?

Wacker2611

Reactions
Don't want to put the fear of god into people but.....I was just packing my Mavic for another RMA to the Netherlands (for a crazy gimbal this time) so I just thought I'd check everything before I packed it away. I had a close look at the screws on the underbelly at the wing junctions and one looked significantly further out than the others. On closer inspection it actually did wobble. This prompted me to check all the other small screws on the underside, and some of them also had quite a bit of play on them. Obviously I've tightened them all up! So, while you shouldn't overtighten just a word to the wise - make sure you check those screws!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Did you notice any lock tight on the threads? These things vibrate like crazy so I wouldn't be surprises if they just wiggled loose.

Don't want to put the fear of god into people but.....I was just packing my Mavic for another RMA to the Netherlands (for a crazy gimbal this time) so I just thought I'd check everything before I packed it away. I had a close look at the screws on the underbelly at the wing junctions and one looked significantly further out than the others. On closer inspection it actually did wobble. This prompted me to check all the other small screws on the underside, and some of them also had quite a bit of play on them. Obviously I've tightened them all up! So, while you shouldn't overtighten just a word to the wise - make sure you check those screws!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks for the heads up! You've been really unlucky - 2nd time its going back and you've not had that many weeks use!

Reactions: Wacker2611
DJI usually always put threadlock on their screws, but you wouldn't see it unless you took the screw out fully.

Thanks for the heads up! You've been really unlucky - 2nd time its going back and you've not had that many weeks use!

I know, it's a bummer. Hey ho, I'm sure they'll get it right in the end. In flight it's totally fine, Edge to Edge focus etc....Its just that that gimbal goes totally bonkers on each start up before usually settling down. Tried all the tricks, but nothing worked.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I checked all the screws on mine - not loose but not tight either. I tightened them slightly - hopefully if there is thread lock on the screws it won't have damaged it.

Threadlock on plastic threads is corrosive to the plastic. Just make sure if you do add threadlock that the screw is in fact going into metal threads

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada