DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anyone purchased Groundcontrol Luts pack for mavic ?

flying_outcast

Reactions
If so, is it worth it? worth the pricetag i mean....

any noticeble luts package for purchase outthere ?

I have them.
I think they are nice, and I like that I can add them and adjust as needed. Is it REALLY needed, no. But for $29.99 it's not like I shelled out big bucks. Would I do it again. Probably yes, just for the fun and convenience of them.
Just don't think that they are a must have.

Also consider FilmConvert. The first time I saw what it did with Mavic footage I was stunned... Looks great

Hi guys! I'm a learner... Like to correct/grade my colors, but I do think that Luts are "to much of everything"! I use D-cinelike, and I wonder if you can tipps me of luts that are neutral?

I would like to hear from someone that has purchased a few different packs that can compare them.. problem being that once you have a pack your not likely to buy another.. Spectrumgrades looks amazing but rather pricey. Icarus looks good too but from the limited comments ive seen here, people been somewhat underwhelmed.. The Polarpro ones look good too.. So many choices. I havent even heard of filmconvert so will look at those now.

I have the Heron pack from GroundControl. For me LUTs work like a first step when I want to add some flair to a footage. At least for me they were worth it, but you have to do some corrections after applying them. I use Resolve 14. I use d-log and there is one LUT in Resolve for DJI drones that is also a good start point.

Reactions: fredbjor
Question about the colour grading process: If, for instance, I shoot Log - then use a Log to Rec709 to normalise the footage and I now want to add a creative lut would I use one now designed for Log or Standard? I use the LUT pack from IWLTBAP

Ideally you don’t want to apply multiple LUTs to footage.

Once a LUT as been applied to convert for example LOG to REC709 then the result is now lossy

You would do better to either get some creative LUTs for LOG or to do some colour grading after applying your standard LUT to achieve the look you are going for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143