DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone still using go3?

laura schlenker

Reactions
Due to winter weather I haven't had mavic out flying for about a month, the last time I flew it I was running go 3 with no issues at all. I know the firmware has been updated a few times since and most people are using go4 now. Anyway I just took him for a 15 minute flight with no issues, am I safe to keep running go3? The only reason I've never updated is because my tablet and mavic have been perfect and I don't like messing with a good thing. Thanks

Due to winter weather I haven't had mavic out flying for about a month, the last time I flew it I was running go 3 with no issues at all. I know the firmware has been updated a few times since and most people are using go4 now. Anyway I just took him for a 15 minute flight with no issues, am I safe to keep running go3? The only reason I've never updated is because my tablet and mavic have been perfect and I don't like messing with a good thing. Thanks

No one is forcing people to switch from 3 to 4. If it works great...and you're completely happy with the way things are....then don't switch. BUT....if something does go majorly wrong, you will probably NOT get much support from DJI. They will probably tell you that DJI Go 3 was the reason for the problem.

dsd317 I agree in part but honestly I think it's all on DJI.
Whenever they release firmware or new apps that are no longer compatible I don't just expect a warning in the release notes. I expect the app to pop up a message and no longer connect with the Mavic. I don't want to be flying and then find out some feature is disabled. It's easy enough for them to make the battery firmware incompatible unless upgraded, so I fully expect the same level of safety with the app compatibility.

Rob

Reactions: dangerm0us
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580