DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Stopped from getting on Airplane by TSA?

Never heard of anyone. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen but I've travelled a number of times on flights. Zero issues. Must be placed as a carry on...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Andrew F
I may want to take the Mavic with me to Israel in a month or so (depends on my employer schedule), glad to read those answers. Note - it's perfectly legal to fly in Israel as long as you stay under 50m AGL (yes, its that low, more than x2 lower thab US) and away from NFZs. You can fly just 2km away from airports, though. Going with the drone through Israeli customs i may have to end up explainig that i no longer live there and going to take it back out, so i don't need to declare it and pay the customs, but hey, thats no big deal.

I may want to take the Mavic with me to Israel in a month or so (depends on my employer schedule), glad to read those answers. Note - it's perfectly legal to fly in Israel as long as you stay under 50m AGL (yes, its that low, more than x2 lower thab US) and away from NFZs. You can fly just 2km away from airports, though. Going with the drone through Israeli customs i may have to end up explainig that i no longer live there and going to take it back out, so i don't need to declare it and pay the customs, but hey, thats no big deal.
Big difference between domestic and international . . . I've flown many time domestic and they don't give it a second look. Well, one time a guys eyes lit up and he called over a buddy so they could look at the x-ray longingly . . . haha. But that's the most I've gotten.

Big difference??? Same TSA, why would there be a difference, at least on the US side?
Yeah. That's what I meant. I've flown into a few countries that I don't believe would be very fond of me bringing a "surveillance" tool with me. Best to check the security protocols for each country specifically for remote cameras. My experience in international waters is that random stuff happens in security and there is little recourse. I'd just be very certain it was O.K. with any country I was entering before I tried.

I am not worried about entering Israel with the Mavic, really. BTW, i've never entered with a drone, but in a rare cases security has actually stopped me there, being a citizen, speaking fluent Hebrew, and giving zero f***s instead of being afraid to death while talking to them apparently did wonders, lol.

I am not worried about entering Israel with the Mavic, really. BTW, i've never entered with a drone, but in a rare cases security has actually stopped me there, being a citizen, speaking fluent Hebrew, and giving zero f***s instead of being afraid to death while talking to them apparently did wonders, lol.
Hahaha. Well, as I said, as long as you know the local policies / customs. I'd just hate to have my Mavic taken away - and in the hands of a custom official's kid the next day. Haha.

H'm gonna travel to US from Europe with Lufthansa/United Airlines. I'm very scarred that the security could stop me and don't let me carry on the batteries.

What do you guy think? Should I use any precautions?

Wow, are you sure you will be able to get the Mavic through the security check there? I think they are super suspicious and not too friendly when people carry gadgets, specially drones.

Wow, are you sure you will be able to get the Mavic through the security check there? I think they are super suspicious and not too friendly when people carry gadgets, specially drones.

You can never be 100% sure about anything, but i seriously doubt anyone is going to care. I've been living in Israel close to 25 years, and been on many flights, obviously coming back there. I've never had anything to declare at customs (nor i am going to declare the Mavic either), and has rarely been stopped for a check there. Even when they did stop me, they have only scanned my bigger bag,
looking for stuff like cigarettes and alcohol, which is heavily taxed.

Security checks on arrival are normally... nonexistent! Yes, thats right, nonexistent, just like every run of the mill airport anywhere else. You can be stopped for an occasional check if you seem to look suspicious to them (and it did happen to me a couple of times), but getting to the point an actual SECURITY is going through your stuff on arrival (as opposed to CUSTOMS) is rare, and never happened to me. You will often have extra security questioning and scanning before you board the flight, though, especially in El-Al.

But if anyone here have a different experience, please do tell.

You can never be 100% sure about anything, but i seriously doubt anyone is going to care. I've been living in Israel close to 25 years, and been on many flights, obviously coming back there. I've never had anything to declare at customs (nor i am going to declare the Mavic either), and has rarely been stopped for a check there. Even when they did stop me, they have only scanned my bigger bag,
looking for stuff like cigarettes and alcohol, which is heavily taxed.

Security checks on arrival are normally... nonexistent! Yes, thats right, nonexistent, just like every run of the mill airport anywhere else. You can be stopped for an occasional check if you seem to look suspicious to them (and it did happen to me a couple of times), but getting to the point an actual SECURITY is going through your stuff on arrival (as opposed to CUSTOMS) is rare, and never happened to me. You will often have extra security questioning and scanning before you board the flight, though, especially in El-Al.

But if anyone here have a different experience, please do tell.

Have you taken it to Israel yet? I would love to take mine in June but I'm hesitant. You have been very helpful here.

Have you ever successfully done it before?
Thanks

Have you taken it to Israel yet? I would love to take mine in June but I'm hesitant. You have been very helpful here.

Have you ever successfully done it before?
Thanks
I am actually in Israel with the Mavic right now, but the only place you may really need to worry about while getting it into Israel is the customs, and i went through the green (nothing to declare) route, nobody checked me in there. Most people aren't getting checked on the green customs route, but one may not be so lucky, and thats the case you need to worry about, would be nice if someone with the mavic that got checked there would respond.

I'd be more worried the drone is still in the bag AFTER TSA have gone thru my stuff. They seem to have very sticky fingers those guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike