DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone succesfully do a Refresh proof video with MP?

bandroidx

Reactions
I recently submitted a proof video to DJI to get the refresh care after the 48 hours. (They really should warn you when activating the drone that 48 hour clock starts, if they do i must have missed it)

They rejected my video and I think it may be because 1 of 2 things.

1) Can you "Check IMU" on the Mavic pro using DJI go 4 on IOS? I cant find the option, only see the "Calibrate IMU option". They want me to "Check IMU" which they show in the how to video on an inspire, but i dotn think the mavic has this.

2) They want you yo take a video in the air, then play it back. Is this possible in IOS? I am not seeing any videos to playback when I do this. I dont know if its because I am still in the air or not.

OK ...

I found the same enigma about the IMU. I just skipped that.
'Calibrating' the IMU takes several minutes; 'checking' the IMU ...
I also couldn't figure out where to do it !!! Their video is
done on an Inspire which is not quite the same as the Magic.

The video test is to just turn video 'on' for 3-4 secs and then 'off'
by pushing the big red video button on the smartphone screen.
Then push the tiny little 'playback arrow' (below it) and drill down to
'play' for the video so your video can record it. I did it on an iPhone 6
no sweat.

Hey there, I use the IOS app and I think I know what they are asking for. I'm at work right now so I don't have my Mavic to connect to, but I'll show you what I mean with screenshots.

You can see the status of the IMU and both compasses if you click on the elipsies in the top right hand corner to go to the main menu, main controller settings, advanced settings and sensors.

709730ffcaccf980299c74c481d7ae8e.jpg
2ba36a2048ddb43f81157085bb69d69e.jpg
37077c7f04a84a21fd0f885014c79fbf.jpg
836857ee0a94a052eb4bdb3b7bdc0c69.jpg
f08253465615b698b1c5bc371e84c5cc.jpg
087f2374ee81d236738ed116ee00ce31.jpg

I found it confusing at first that the status menu on the left didn't link to all the information here, but don't worry about it. Make sure you connect to the Mavic first and you will get real data for these.

I hope this helps!

:)

Reactions: Bunny Too
I recently submitted a proof video to DJI to get the refresh care after the 48 hours. (They really should warn you when activating the drone that 48 hour clock starts, if they do i must have missed it)

They rejected my video and I think it may be because 1 of 2 things.

1) Can you "Check IMU" on the Mavic pro using DJI go 4 on IOS? I cant find the option, only see the "Calibrate IMU option". They want me to "Check IMU" which they show in the how to video on an inspire, but i dotn think the mavic has this.

2) They want you yo take a video in the air, then play it back. Is this possible in IOS? I am not seeing any videos to playback when I do this. I dont know if its because I am still in the air or not.

I've done 2 of these videos, one with a P4 and the other with a Mavic. They were both approved in 2-3 business days. For the IMU, after powering up I showed that the IMU showed as "Normal". That's all I did for that part and it was approved. As far as the video goes, yes you can play them back on iOS, simply record the video then there should be a play button not he lower right where you can go view a client of what you just recorded.

Here's link to the video we created for the Mavic incase you want to take a look at it. It took 2-3 days but it was approved. All we had available was an iPhone at the time, wasn't easy to record the small screen with all the glare but we go it done. I used an iPad mini for the P4 video and it was much easier.

Reactions: johng724
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405