DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

Why not just buy the hub? You still have the two USB ports on the original power block. The cost is the same and I'd personally much prefer to use an official DJI product when it comes to charging my batteries.

I would be cautious about using these 3rd party chargers.... Although with this charger, it seems that it will charge 3 batteries simultaneously at 4.5A, which will mean that you can have all 3 batteries charged within 1 hour...

Reactions: Kilrah
I have bought similar chargers for the P3 and P4... they are awesome, but it is a different brand than the one you are showing.

The main advantage is they all charge AT THE SAME TIME... not consecutively, so you can come in with every battery and the controller empty and be flying again in about an hour with ALL your batteries charged...

This is what I bought - waiting for same kind for Mavic... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EWY7WRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would be cautious about using these 3rd party chargers.... Although with this charger, it seems that it will charge 3 batteries simultaneously at 4.5A, which will mean that you can have all 3 batteries charged within 1 hour...

I would have said exactly the same before I knew that all the balance charging, conditioning and protection are actually on-board the battery itself. The charger simply provides the current, they are not (even the DJI ones) intelligent chargers so bearing this in mind you should be fine. I think I will wait a little though to see if a nice block solution will be released like there have been for the Phantom series.

I know the DJI version is not out yet but does the DJI one require a different charging hub and power supply or does the DJI one not charge everything at the same time ?

I know the DJI version is not out yet but does the DJI one require a different charging hub and power supply or does the DJI one not charge everything at the same time ?
Apparently yes, there will be a different hub and we will require a 100w block similar to that of the Phantom.

Why not just buy the hub? You still have the two USB ports on the original power block. The cost is the same and I'd personally much prefer to use an official DJI product when it comes to charging my batteries.

Simultaneous charging

Yes. I have something similar for my Phantom 4 (aftermarket charger).
I absolutely love the speed and the fact that it would do simultaneous charging.
I can't wait to get one for Mavic as well

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Once the DJI advanced hub is available you will be able to charge all 4 batteries at the same time providing you still have or purchase the 100 watt P4/Inspire power block (I kept mine). But you will lose the 2 USB ports in the current power block, unless DJI moves them to the new hub, which would be a good idea so they will skip that :)

This also assumes there is a 'DJI advanced hub'. The power supply (charger) provided does not have enough current to simultaneously charge batteries so it will be far more complex than just a hub. Li batteries take a ton of current to charge them.

This also assumes there is a 'DJI advanced hub'. The power supply (charger) provided does not have enough current to simultaneously charge batteries so it will be far more complex than just a hub. Li batteries take a ton of current to charge them.
Did you read my post, the DJI advanced hub, once released, will require the 100 watt P4/Inspire power block, and not the 50 watt that came with the Mavic. I kept mine when I sold the P3 as I bought it for the faster charging it provided, and I was using a multi-charge strip for 3 batteries at once with no problems.

I kept mine when I sold the P3 as I bought it for the faster charging it provided, and I was using a multi-charge strip for 3 batteries at once with no problems.

I thought the connectors were different? Hopefully they will release some sort of adapter though but I would not count on it.

If you read the manual for the current hub, it gives specs on the pro hub. You will save a total of 1 hour of charging if fully loaded. if that's important to you, go for it and the 100w brick, otherwise, let it charge overnight and sleep more than 4 hours.

Reactions: Achilles
Did you read my post, the DJI advanced hub, once released, will require the 100 watt P4/Inspire power block, and not the 50 watt that came with the Mavic. I kept mine when I sold the P3 as I bought it for the faster charging it provided, and I was using a multi-charge strip for 3 batteries at once with no problems.
Sorry, I missed that point.

I went ahead and bought one of these last night. I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't really need it, but like the idea of charging three batteries in 80 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: mcsenerd
It will be interesting to see how fast the new Advanced hub (whenever it comes out) will charge four batteries. As it uses the P4 100 watt power block @ 5.7A & 17.5V it will have to step down the voltage to 13.05 for the Mavic battery, this will actually provide more usable power for the batteries charge rate.

I thought the connectors were different? Hopefully they will release some sort of adapter though but I would not count on it.
No, the advanced hub will more than likely just have the same 2 pin blade power connector as the P3/4/Inspire power block and it will just plug in. This is so pilots will not confuse the Mavic hub with the advanced hub. Bad things will happen if you plugged in the original Mavic hub to the higher voltage 100 watt power block.

Reactions: SwissJim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus