DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use DecalGirl?

If a decal people were smart they would print up some miniature replicas of what we used to see on the B-17 and B-24s during World War II.

Last edited:
Reactions: MLR
Just put on my second set of skins from Decal Girl. First set was on for prob 4-5 months. I wanted to change the look, so I got a new set, removal was easy and there was no residue that I saw/felt. While I wish there were fewer visible seems, I've been very happy with the skins overall.

Reactions: MD1Vids
Waiting for my skin to arrive, having it shipped to the UK.

They have some fantastic designs on there.

[Edit]

Got home today, and my DecalGirl skin has already arrived - which is impressive since I only ordered it 4 days ago.

Looks fantastic, will apply it tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: MLR and MD1Vids
Ended up applying it tonight while watching Episode IV.
3npRhtk.jpg

installed my set from decal girl a while back and it worked out great. I now have the template and may eventually design a few business type skins for our company, we deal with automotive auto wraps and skins.

The install was simple and the fitment was good enough. Some edges will still show, but unless you plan on hand cutting for perfection, these decals were great.

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Flawless
Since in my location there is a permanent NFW (Non Flying Weather), my MP got a little bit rusty...
Rusty_zpszxpa8pju.jpg

I have purchased my skins from Decal Girl and Im happy with them. The only complaint was how to apply them as they came pre cut on a sheet with no instructions on where each piece goes. The eyes and mouth are not from Decal Girl and the numbers and letters on the battery and FAA number are just generic 1/4 inch vinyl numbers and letters.
dsc01881-jpg.13304

Attachments

• DSC01881.JPG
    DSC01881.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
The films from decalgirl are amazing.

I have ordered the "Slave 1" film.
Very nice one. Mavic is born to wear this type of skins as its design looks really futuristic.
Good work with applying the skin, Grizzly. I have struggled a bit with mine.

Thank's. But you did also a really good job by applying your skin.

Yes that's true. The Mavic is born for those skins.

Their site is a crap though. It's near impossible to navigate through/to all that they have
Must have changed will have to have a look. Hadn't used
them since skinning all my Phantoms. Was really quite simple then.

My first skin was from decal girl. While the quality of the film was acceptable there were big gaps between the various panels. I’ve now wrapped my drone with a wrapgrade film. The film fits edge to edge and the colour (Coloration X) is great. Looks as good now as when it was put on ages ago.

My first skin was from decal girl. While the quality of the film was acceptable there were big gaps between the various panels. I’ve now wrapped my drone with a wrapgrade film. The film fits edge to edge and the colour (Coloration X) is great. Looks as good now as when it was put on ages ago.
Wrapgrade is nice. It's expensive but I think it's worth the money. Xtreme skins makes amazing stuff but not making it for the 2 yet. Their stuff is as good as wrapgrade but sadly they are behind the development curve.

Just changed out my skin from 3 years ago with another decalgirl set.
Here's my old skin.
Drone skin with controller 2 1 17.jpg

Here's my new one>

New skin top 4 28 20.jpg

I used decal girl for some thin red line, with one thin blue line wraps. Love em! Was thinking about ordering some more and changing in the future. Seems to be good quality.

Attachments

• 2C75EB3F-ACE1-45B7-9569-425DB1C8DB08.jpeg
    2C75EB3F-ACE1-45B7-9569-425DB1C8DB08.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme