DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Syphon

Reactions
Flying with the iPhone 7 (the small one) mounted below is proving difficult to do. It is hard to see, hard to touch options on the screen and also a pain as I get text messages. Also, I don't like not having any access to my phone while flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and was thinking of justing it. I hooked it up tonight just with the wire and the screen seems so much better for flying. I was looking at this thing called the MavMount but curious what everyone thinks. It is pricey and for the version that fits the larger iPad Air 2, you have to pony up $20 more bucks on top of the high price already. It looks pretty solid though and wanted to see if anyone already uses one and what their thoughts are on it. Also, if there is any other mounts you recommend would love to hear about it.

My concerns with the MavMount is the location of the iPad and the antennas. Will it cause interference?

Reactions: GravityIsRelentless
My concerns with the MavMount is the location of the iPad and the antennas. Will it cause interference?
That's one of the benefits of this mount. Since the mount holds the tablet towards the front of the remote controller, it does not block the antennas. Ideally, the tablet and antennas would be position at the same angle -- like this:

MavMount.jpg

That would allow the flat side of the antennas to be pointing at the Mavic. That's the ideal position since the signal is the strongest in that direction.

RC.jpg

Flying with the iPhone 7 (the small one) mounted below is proving difficult to do. It is hard to see, hard to touch options on the screen and also a pain as I get text messages. Also, I don't like not having any access to my phone while flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and was thinking of justing it. I hooked it up tonight just with the wire and the screen seems so much better for flying. I was looking at this thing called the MavMount but curious what everyone thinks. It is pricey and for the version that fits the larger iPad Air 2, you have to pony up $20 more bucks on top of the high price already. It looks pretty solid though and wanted to see if anyone already uses one and what their thoughts are on it. Also, if there is any other mounts you recommend would love to hear about it.

I got the one from DirtyJDesigns. One of the best features for me is the lanyard mount.

You can order the MavMount here.

Reactions: MavicProMX
So the MavMount doesn't block the antennas but it does block the screen. I'm still waiting on my Mavic to arrive but why would you want to block the screen of the controller. Aren't there things on that screen you will need to see while flying?

3441654d79a4a1d7caba8269fae34308.jpg

Just bought this one on amazon.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: jointeffort
I bought the MavMount and it just arrived a couple days ago.

After spending some time with it, I have to say, this thing is the REAL DEAL. It is extremely well made - a quality addition to your Mavic Pro. I looked closely at the other mounts, but the plastic is not the way to go. What I REALLY like about this is the adjustable nature of it. And no, it does NOT block the antennas. In fact, I'm also using one of the antenna boosters with the MavMount and no issues.

Because of the adjustable feature of this mount, you can get it adjusted to where the "balance" is perfect in your hands. It feels awesome. Yes, it blocks the screen but who cares? Everything that is on the controller screen is on the tablet screen and it's BIGGER so you can actually see it. Have an issue with your tablet app and need to see the controller screen in a hurry? Just twist the knob on the mount and swing the screen down toward you in an INSTANT. Done.

While it does not have a hole for a lanyard, that's no big deal either. I simply took mine, wrapped it around the shaft and hooked it to itself. Done. Works perfect.

If you want a mount for your tablet, you can't go wrong with this unit. It's well made and will adjust to where it's "just right" for everyone and it stays put. After having this thing, I'd be embarrassed to use one of those 3d plastic things.

I've bought tons of stuff for my other drones (including my Turbo Ace Matrix) and I have to say this is one of the nicest, most well made pieces I've acquired. I don't usually "sing the praises" of something, but this one deserves it. My only concern was the weight, but now that it's in my hands, I worried for naught. It's fairly light and it nicely integrates with the controller so that the whole package, weight wise, feels just right.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeMauk and ACR
So the MavMount doesn't block the antennas but it does block the screen. I'm still waiting on my Mavic to arrive but why would you want to block the screen of the controller. Aren't there things on that screen you will need to see while flying?

You can see both screens if that's your thing. But absolutely NO, everything on the tiny secondary screen is on the tablet, and easier to use that way.

here's a video showing how to see both screens though!

Last edited:
You can see both screens if that's your thing. But absolutely NO, everything on the tiny secondary screen is on the tablet, and easier to use tha way.

Wow! I wondered what that other threaded connection was for! All I had to do was unscrew the spring holder from the shaft and screw it in the other set of threads and now I'm in dual screen mode. Very cool! So you can set it up either way. Nice! I didn't know that when I bought it. Like getting two for one.

You can see both screens if that's your thing. But absolutely NO, everything on the tiny secondary screen is on the tablet, and easier to use tha way.

Hi William. I just placed an order for the black version for the ipad mini. Looks to be really nice. Being that it appears that the tablet holder is the only variance between the different versions that you offer, do you have plans on offering just the different size tablet holders as options?... so that someone can buy both tablet holders to accommodate different size tablets using one mavmount? It looks like any tripod thread, tablet holder will work with your set-up, but it may be a good option for you to offer. Thanks. --joel

Cool, I was wondering what the was for.

Reactions: Aerial West

Looks great- will be adding to my Christmas list! Noticed the cable you had connected to your tablet looked a little more insulated then typical USB cable connectors- does your company sell them as well or recommend where to pick one up.

Thanks

Looks great- will be adding to my Christmas list! Noticed the cable you had connected to your tablet looked a little more insulated then typical USB cable connectors- does your company sell them as well or recommend where to pick one up.

Thanks
I saw that too, but it almost looks like some sort of tape.

Thanks
The secret to long lasting cables.. gaffer tape!

Where are you in socal? I'm in hermosa beach. happy to tape ya up.

I would be interested if there was an option to buy one mount which included both the Mini and XL tablet holders, especially as international shipping would be involved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov