DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Aerial West, I just placed an order on your website, and need to change it. I sent an email to you using your website and sent a response from my emailed receipt.
Thanks; Tim
Yep, got your first mistake, cancelled it, and got your 2nd order, and got the color change after that too. :) shipping label is already printed, should ship tomorrow morning.

I placed an order on 2/28, label created on 3/2 but no tracking info since. Should I be concerned?

I ordered mine on 2/25, label created on 3/1, and I just checked and it looks like USPS received it for shipping late last night. So a total of 9 days before it was given to USPS to be shipped.

@Aerial West Like I was saying before, I'm happy to support a US small business, but you might want to communicate more readily. For example, maybe put estimated ship dates on the order pages if you know you can only ship items once a week, or if you don't have certain colors in stock, put a warning that it's out of stock and might take over a week to ship.

Either way, I'm excited to get mine, especially after reading all of the stellar reviews.

I placed an order on 2/28, label created on 3/2 but no tracking info since. Should I be concerned?
Hey there,

Currently every item up till yesterdays orders past 4PM, and this mornings are at the post office already, and last nights orders are going to the post office right now. i JUST finished packing the orders that came in while I slept, and am taking them to the post office now... they open in 2 minutes here. =)

(I was waiting for a part to arrive but it was delayed by mail. Now I have a ton of that part so I'm back to shipping same day or next.)

Thank you for the update, really looking forward to receiving it and giving it a try out this week. :)

I ordered mine yesterday, and got the note that the label was created, but so far as of today, it is not showing up as arrived at USPS. I can't wait until I get this thing so I can finally use my iPad Air with the Mavic.

Ordered on the 3rd, Tracking says expected on the 8th. I am on the east coast, so really can't complain about that at all ;) Waited longer for the Mavic.

I have the MavMount with IPad Mini mount and it works fine when I am using just the Ipad Mini 2 with or without a case but the claws are not tall enough to grip the IPad mini when I use my Hi-Aerial hood since the IPad mini sits inside the hood instead of like some of the other hoods that sit on top of the tablet. Does anyone have this setup and if so, what clamp are you using with it......thanks in advance.

I purchased the hood at drone world.... it's absolutely nessesary when there's a lot of sunshine. My iPad is a mini 2, I'm not sure what the luminosity is, but it helps greatly.... Once it's straped on its very solid. Drone on.......

Reactions: MavicProMX
Flying with the iPhone 7 (the small one) mounted below is proving difficult to do. It is hard to see, hard to touch options on the screen and also a pain as I get text messages. Also, I don't like not having any access to my phone while flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and was thinking of justing it. I hooked it up tonight just with the wire and the screen seems so much better for flying. I was looking at this thing called the MavMount but curious what everyone thinks. It is pricey and for the version that fits the larger iPad Air 2, you have to pony up $20 more bucks on top of the high price already. It looks pretty solid though and wanted to see if anyone already uses one and what their thoughts are on it. Also, if there is any other mounts you recommend would love to hear about it.

My concerns with the MavMount is the location of the iPad and the antennas. Will it cause interference?

I use a tripod to mount an iPad Pro 12".

The Hoodman looks nice.
So do you really have to reach inside if you want to tap to focus or fiddle something with the Go App?
Or is that a small opening which you can open & close like I see on the photo on the right?

Reactions: rstrouts
The Hoodman looks nice.
So do you really have to reach inside if you want to tap to focus or fiddle something with the Go App?
Or is that a small opening which you can open & close like I see on the photo on the right?

Yeah, that opening on the bottom allows you to fit your hand in to work the screen. It's a flexible fabric making a slit that seals back shut once the hand is removed. It was a bit awkward at 1st but after a bit of practice it works perfectly while still keeping any light leak out.

I use the MavMount with an iPad Air 2 and Hoodman USA hood. Love the combo even if I do look like a dork while using it. ;)
View attachment 8043

Hey David, love the pics!

Just my opinion from flying professionally for years, what you said looks dorky is how every pro looks when flying on a movie set. That's exactly the setup we use. Hoodman is on every movie set.

So dorky no, professional, yes. :)

Reactions: DavidNDC
Hey David, love the pics!

Just my opinion from flying professionally for years, what you said looks dorky is how every pro looks when flying on a movie set. That's exactly the setup we use. Hoodman is on every movie set.

So dorky no, professional, yes. :)

Right on man! Both your Mavmount and the Hoodman are quality products indeed! Without both, it was pretty much impossible for me to use the iPad Air with any amount of sunlight. Total game changers!

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo
Right on man! Both your Mavmount and the Hoodman are quality products indeed! Without both, it was pretty much impossible for me to use the iPad Air with any amount of sunlight. Total game changers!
Honestly, the entire reason the MavMount exists is I have flown for movies and commercials for years on an Inspire 1, and I love the mavic as a tool for some shoots, but I absolutely did not want to sacrifice being able to properly expose shots.

In short, I wanted exactly what I use on film sets for my inspire in a Mavic form factor.

So I made something strong enough to hold both a tablet and a hoodman. Everything about the Mavmount is for professional style use in mind. That's why its anodized aluminum, weighted correctly to sit upright on a table for finger tip flying or thumbs in your hand. Every advanced technique for flying skillfully is available.

Reactions: DavidNDC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3