DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

Was ready to order but when shipping was calculated for US VI I bailed, $25. That's crazy! I'll wait two weeks until I get back to MD.

Long time user but not super happy trying to use mave mount and iPad Air 2 plus a full hood man screen shade. Works great with just iPad Air but with all of that leverage the ball struggles to hold it all straight. Came up with this little addition. Got ride of the ball mount and made a quick fixed mount bolt it tight stand holder. Not adjustable but it stays with all that gear hanging off
ca77e5c03677403861707b304da80632.jpg

Long time user but not super happy trying to use mave mount and iPad Air 2 plus a full hood man screen shade. Works great with just iPad Air but with all of that leverage the ball struggles to hold it all straight. Came up with this little addition. Got ride of the ball mount and made a quick fixed mount bolt it tight stand holder. Not adjustable but it stays with all that gear hanging off
ca77e5c03677403861707b304da80632.jpg

00620293dfe120cab4fc322fc8934bfe.jpg
120f7e1a4e8403095868c94bffe6f88f.jpg
aafe7586c8cb9a25f11be1eeab43f71a.jpg
bc8b804a87badd4659e336d2d37b3b98.jpg

Joby grip tight pro tablet mount is another option to address iPad Air 2. Clean secure and adjustable.

Just ordered lanyard that Mavmount is now selling can't wait for it to arrive

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
I received my lanyard mount yesterday, looks great, hoping to try it our today as long as the husband chores are done for the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    920.4 KB · Views: 75
I received my lanyard mount yesterday, looks great, hoping to try it our today as long as the husband chores are done for the weekend.

You know how that goes -- the husband chores are never done !! Lol--

Just bought a MavMount for the iPad Pro 12 inch. Using the 7+ with it and it just is not big enough and don't want to buy a Mini.

Hey everyone!.. super happy to show off a new addition to the MavMount offerings.. the MavLock.

The "MavLock". will solve much if not all of the "play" some people with large tablets have talked about.

20170501_161508.jpg

I've developed a locking tab that keeps the MavMount "locked" from moving up and down at the point where the plate contacts the controller. Now, the MavMount has always been designed to be flush with the controller, but with this tab, it causes the MavMount to extend slightly into the controller, making it impossible to move the way the red arrows are pointing below in the pic.

20170501_162026.jpg

You can literally put the MavMount into the controller and it will stay there without even having the arms on. Of course, use it with the arms... but this is a killer improvement.

20170501_175619.jpg

The best part is that it is CNC milled, anodized black aluminum, which means that it is very strong and ultra light.

20170501_161703.jpg

It's $12 shipped by itself.

I've also made a limited combo package that is the Pro-RC lanyard and lanyard clip, and the new MavLock together for $20 SHIPPED, and its in the accessories section.

Just my way of saying thanks for being awesome supporters.

Attachments

• 20170501_162026.jpg
    20170501_162026.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 57
Hey everyone!.. super happy to show off a new addition to the MavMount offerings.. the MavLock.
I just ordered the MavLock but still have an issue I was hoping you could assist me with....I have the MavMount with IPad Mini mount and it works fine when I am using just the Ipad Mini 2 with or without a case but the claws are not tall enough to grip the IPad mini when I use my Hi-Aerial hood since the IPad mini sits inside the hood instead of like some of the other hoods that sit on top of the tablet. Do you sell a clamp/mount that has taller claws that will accommodate the Hi-Aerial hood as well as the iPad Mini?

Does anyone have this setup and if so, what clamp are you using with it......thanks in advance.

I just ordered the MavLock but still have an issue I was hoping you could assist me with....I have the MavMount with IPad Mini mount and it works fine when I am using just the Ipad Mini 2 with or without a case but the claws are not tall enough to grip the IPad mini when I use my Hi-Aerial hood since the IPad mini sits inside the hood instead of like some of the other hoods that sit on top of the tablet. Do you sell a clamp/mount that has taller claws that will accommodate the Hi-Aerial hood as well as the iPad Mini?

Does anyone have this setup and if so, what clamp are you using with it......thanks in advance.
This clamp is for ipad mini and 9.7, and works with cases. It has a higher clamp "claw" as you put it. Check it out, maybe it will help. i dont have a hi-aerial hood so I'm not exactly familiar with your issue.

Protective Cases Clamp for iPad AIR 9.7", iPad Mini, Galaxy Tab Clamp 5"-7.3" (125-185mm) | MavMount

Reactions: Aerial West
Here's a video of the new Lanyard attachment and MavLock!

wow, I realized i havent even told you guys in this thread about the mavmount 2.0! cut down on weight, integrated the mavlock right into it... and on top of that, I've got a crystal sky monitor attachment coming.

and of course, because we're fully universal with standard 1/4-20 camera mounts... you'll be able to use crystal sky with it as well!

Here's a first look at our DJI Crystal Sky adapter for MavMount!

**This is a raw aluminum piece, not yet finished or anodized. Also, some final cuts still need to be made. But we couldn't resist sharing!

This beauty paired with a MavMount, or any professional tripod system will hold your Crystal Sky monitor amazingly securely!

Look out for this to be used with the Mavic, Spark, and even the OSMO!

20170708_103511-2.jpg 20170708_103521-3.jpg20170708_093503-1.jpg 20170708_103535-4.jpg

Flying with the iPhone 7 (the small one) mounted below is proving difficult to do. It is hard to see, hard to touch options on the screen and also a pain as I get text messages. Also, I don't like not having any access to my phone while flying.

I have an iPad Air 2 and was thinking of justing it. I hooked it up tonight just with the wire and the screen seems so much better for flying. I was looking at this thing called the MavMount but curious what everyone thinks. It is pricey and for the version that fits the larger iPad Air 2, you have to pony up $20 more bucks on top of the high price already. It looks pretty solid though and wanted to see if anyone already uses one and what their thoughts are on it. Also, if there is any other mounts you recommend would love to hear about it.

My concerns with the MavMount is the location of the iPad and the antennas. Will it cause interference?

I just received the second gen version of the MavMount. I think it’s perfect. iPad Pro 10.5”.

Goggles come Monday but for others trying to look at a phone is almost useless.

Reactions: Aerial West
Here's a first look at our DJI Crystal Sky adapter for MavMount!

**This is a raw aluminum piece, not yet finished or anodized. Also, some final cuts still need to be made. But we couldn't resist sharing!

This beauty paired with a MavMount, or any professional tripod system will hold your Crystal Sky monitor amazingly securely!

Look out for this to be used with the Mavic, Spark, and even the OSMO!

View attachment 16810 View attachment 16811View attachment 16809 View attachment 16812
Have you got a price for the top part only plus shipping to Florida, U.S.? I have the original MavMount for my Shield Tablet.

Have you got a price for the top part only plus shipping to Florida, U.S.? I have the original MavMount for my Shield Tablet.
Not yet Gerald. We are compiling a list of people who contact us through the form on mavmount.com to notify when it is available. I should have an anodized, finished part this week.

I am selling my mavmount in the classified section, used a single time (worked great) but sold my mavic .. if anyone is interested.

Reactions: newguy
Not yet Gerald. We are compiling a list of people who contact us through the form on mavmount.com to notify when it is available. I should have an anodized, finished part this week.
Do you have a link to that request form?

I ordered the 7.5" Crystal Sky the other day from the DJI store and they said my shipping date was July 30th. If it's like other products from the DJI site it may show up September if I'm lucky. :)

Edited to add: Just ordered a clamp for an old Samsung Note 4 I'm using for the Spark...Shipping has gone up. :(

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929