DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MavMount for iPad?

I got my tracking number on the 10th, but it just says that a label has been printed and hasn't updated. Are you still waiting on stock (black/red) or is USPS tracking being dumb? I've had that happen before. Either way, I'm excited to get my MavMount. Flying with a tablet is way better than with a phone, but I'm having to set my iPad on a tripod for now and that's a pain (it's an old video tripod that weighs a ton).

I got my tracking number on the 10th, but it just says that a label has been printed and hasn't updated. Are you still waiting on stock (black/red) or is USPS tracking being dumb? I've had that happen before. Either way, I'm excited to get my MavMount. Flying with a tablet is way better than with a phone, but I'm having to set my iPad on a tripod for now and that's a pain (it's an old video tripod that weighs a ton).
USPS is definitely dumb.

I can say that every single order up to the 10th and most of the 11th is already shipped.

Oh, they are there :)

Attachments

• 20170112_105113.jpg
    20170112_105113.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 176
Reactions: MavicProMX
Any stores in SoCal carry Mavmount ? I wanted to get one this weekend.. thanks !!!!
if you're near hermosa beach i can maybe help you pick one up.

Reactions: Wmscts
OK, No one posted this option, that I love. The DuoShade from AerialDroneAccessories.com. It only fits either the ipad mini or the Nvidia Shield K1.
Being that it's a mount and a shade all in one and takes up way less room than having a mount and a sun shade makes it perfect for the Mavic.
Just remember that this one in the video is only for the ipad mini. There's another one for the Nvidia Shield K1

Just got my MavMount in the mail and posted a video review here:
wow Nick, what a fantastic review! Glad you got the mount tightened, i noticed that immediately. Hope you have many hours of happy, glare free and nice big tablet flying!

Reactions: ntaylor360
Hi Aerial West, searching for a mount for my iPad Air 2, found the perfect solution, the MavMount. I am looking for the blue/blue but with the XL 2-11" holder, cannot find the option in the website. Could you please help.

Thanks

Last edited:
I just got my mavmount, it was actually cheaper to buy it with the ipad mini mount and then also order the ipad air 2 mount due to the mini one being on sale. Now I have the ability to use either an air 2 or a mini. Its extremely well made, the metal part and the ball and socket are great. The clamp itself seems a little lower quality than the rest, It seems ok but I wouldnt be surprised if it breaks in a year or two. It def adds a lot of heft, especially with the air 2 mounted to it. I am actaulyl thinking of buying a mini 2 or mini 4 to use with my mavic and mavmount instead of my air 2, its just too big and bulky with the air 2. The only thing that sucks is that I bought an amazing bag for my mavic from amazon, just came from china, it fits the drone, controller and 3 batteries and is just big enough for it all. So now I am going to have to lug around the mav mount in its own bag or case but that is not the fault of the mav mount.

I just got my mavmount, it was actually cheaper to buy it with the ipad mini mount and then also order the ipad air 2 mount due to the mini one being on sale. Now I have the ability to use either an air 2 or a mini. Its extremely well made, the metal part and the ball and socket are great. The clamp itself seems a little lower quality than the rest, It seems ok but I wouldnt be surprised if it breaks in a year or two. It def adds a lot of heft, especially with the air 2 mounted to it. I am actaulyl thinking of buying a mini 2 or mini 4 to use with my mavic and mavmount instead of my air 2, its just too big and bulky with the air 2. The only thing that sucks is that I bought an amazing bag for my mavic from amazon, just came from china, it fits the drone, controller and 3 batteries and is just big enough for it all. So now I am going to have to lug around the mav mount in its own bag or case but that is not the fault of the mav mount.
Glad you're loving the mavmount. If you somehow ever break one of those clamps, I'll applaud you, and send you another one on the house, no problem.

As for the mini vs ipad air discussion, i agree with you. Even on the Inspire drones I've been flying for years the ipad air pro is pretty unwieldy. I think the ipad mini 2-4 work just fine and are the right mix of screen size and weight.

Just my 2 cents.

Glad you're loving the mavmount. If you somehow ever break one of those clamps, I'll applaud you, and send you another one on the house, no problem.

As for the mini vs ipad air discussion, i agree with you. Even on the Inspire drones I've been flying for years the ipad air pro is pretty unwieldy. I think the ipad mini 2-4 work just fine and are the right mix of screen size and weight.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi, I didnt realize you were the owner and designer of mavmount. Its an extremely well made product, I didnt even bother with the cheapo ones as their reviews were always terrible, I may eventually get one of the cheaper plastic ones that can fold flat to use instead of the mavmount when traveling on my motorcycle so that it could fit in my mavic case but I have a feeling I will still prefer the mavmount.

Regarding the clamps, good to know they arent likely to break. I forget which one but one seemed a little cheaper that the other, but that is really just relatively speaking compared to the mavmount itself which could probably survive a small explosion lol.

Hi, I didnt realize you were the owner and designer of mavmount. Its an extremely well made product, I didnt even bother with the cheapo ones as their reviews were always terrible, I may eventually get one of the cheaper plastic ones that can fold flat to use instead of the mavmount when traveling on my motorcycle so that it could fit in my mavic case but I have a feeling I will still prefer the mavmount.

Regarding the clamps, good to know they arent likely to break. I forget which one but one seemed a little cheaper that the other, but that is really just relatively speaking compared to the mavmount itself which could probably survive a small explosion lol.
haha, that's awesome, and I think you're comment is going to make it on the feedback hall of fame page :) and yeah, like all my professional camera gear, i built it to last. One guy commented that he bought one of those $20 ebay specials, and it broke before his mavmount arrived... just broke in his hands.

That's not something i want holding my $400 tablet.

I'm posting though because I do take my mavmount everywhere I fly the mavic, and I use the dji case... i lay it flat like this picture, or put it in the side pocket just fine. I just used her while directing a police SWAT school shooting training day. Worked great.

20161224_134508-2.jpg

Reactions: johng724
I'm loving the MavMount with my iPad Air2. I did make one change that I think balances the controller and IPad well and holds it securely. Not that the XL version was not secure, it was, but I didn't like how high the iPad Air2 sat above the controller. I bought a Joby tablet tripod mount and now it balances perfectly in my hands and keeps the screen in just the right spot while flying the Mavic. Plus the mount is metal and feels very sturdy which is a nice compliment to the all metal MavMount.
b6e17e3ac3a4b7e3fedc21922871eccc.jpg
43a8509d1d63a87f25c8e0edf23722ac.jpg
68cd893d709748668dd97c516c2d88b7.jpg
a3136b77a33b7935cfd3ea5457e505a5.jpg
1ed6b19f4f7a2271258efa7cb93264cc.jpg
090d4163bd2b1ef8197e3c027f4ef30a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members