Anyones Battery case splitting near the power button?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Ikopta, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

Anyone else getting a creasing/splitting near the power button on the their battery?
    Pictures would be great to compare.
    Cheers,

Attached Files:

2. kodiak1120

kodiak1120 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's hatching a baby Mavic! Seriously though, swelling is not uncommon with Lipos, but you will get conflicting info with regard to whether it's bad or not. I've flown many flights with my prior quad were the battery was swollen pretty substantially, and never had any problems. That said, I'd recommend sending it back to DJI for a replacement... it should still be under warranty and it's probably better safe than sorry.

Bryan Conover and Ikopta like this.
  3. Watty

Watty Well-Known Member

Check the battery health in the Go app. Be interesting to see if any of the cells are showing wildly different voltages.

Ikopta likes this.
  4. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

Good advice, just what I was thinking.

5. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

Checked that, no real variance Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 20.04.48.png Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 20.04.48.png Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 20.04.48.png

Watty likes this.
  6. makg

makg Well-Known Member

Someone else posted something similar a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's just a batch problem, as it would be major if that was a widespread defect. I'd get on the horn with DJI for a replacement.

Ikopta likes this.
  7. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

Thanks for the point, just found it. Yep, thats the way mine is going, and it was an early delivery. Maybe a bit of a test batch? Maybe that was the hold? About from massive order numbers

8. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Also you could fly a route and then upload the flight log to Healthy Drones to see if there are any substantial battery voltage differences between individual internal cells under load. Do some quick Sport Mode bursts to tax the battery in question so you will know how it performs when pushed.

Oh and no my batteries are pristine with no puffing, creasing, or splitting.

9. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

So to update, DJI are replacing the Gimbal/camera (Had image issue) and battery FOC. Good service from them hope to have it back in a few days.

10. schpenxel

schpenxel Well-Known Member

Looks like flow lines in the original battery pictures; probably from running molding machine too fast/not hot enough.

11. Ikopta

Ikopta Active Member

So just got Mavic Pro back, new battery, and looks like they have swapped the original craft and controller for a new one (original box though)