DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App connected all normal but no video feed

glee719

Reactions
Anyone else getting a blacked out video feed while everything appears to be normal on the controller? This video was recorded couple days after I received the Mavic Pro.

I received the Mavic Pro on Jan. 3, had first flight on Jan. 4 after charging batteries and updating firmware. This video was recorded Jan. 4 evening on the 2nd occurrence. I crashed the drone on Jan 6 in my backyard practicing. When I crashed I had 12 satellites locked and 73% battery left.

B&H wants to handle all returns and refunds through Gradus Group, so I called Gradus and filled out a form explaining what happened. They asked for flight data, I uploaded from the app. They ran into some delay getting further instructions from China, so I waited. Then they came back wanting me to plug my drone to my computer and then send files to China. Why the heck would I ever trust something to be plugged into my computer and sending out data to the cloud? Also, does DJI/Gradus just think people have time to sit around and be their beta testers? What does flight data have anything to do with a blacked out FPV when I crashed anyway?

I should just send this back to B&H and dispute the charge with my credit card company, call it quits and order from someone else!

Did you get this fixed ? I am having same issue

Did you check to make sure it's not set for a very high negative exposure? A friend's Mavic came that way and it was black until I set the exposure to 0.

It was set on auto, and when I restarted the app (without shutting down the Mavic) it came back.

I finally got mine to work, I had to boot the controller up and the mavic, then plug in the phone to get the video on to my phone (Iphone 5)

My concern wasn't whether it can work, because I fixed it too. My problem was it cutting out mid-flight, and I wasn't hovering in a safe place to allow me to disconnect and fix things.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7