DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App from DJI leaks a second Mavic model

Support for the Mavic has been in IOS for awhile and just included in the latest release for Android. What we (at least I) didn't know was the availability of the 32 Channel hack, which would be awesome news if true.

From that
the new Mavic will only have a different camera.
and it only being called the Mavic just makes me wonder
what they are scheming . Good find Mavilicious .
Welcome to our newest forum Attachment-5.gif

Best Buy can't pull there head out of there a$$ -- the "hexacopter" they show has four props.

If there is a Mavic as differentiated from the Mavic Pro then logic would argue it to have something less than the Pro. I doubt the platform will be any different so that would suggest a different camera. But, it is possible they may offer it without some of the sensors the Pro has.

Perhaps a 1080P camera and elimination of some of the sensors.

Brian

The Mavic Pro is what's currently available. The Mavic is the one that doesn't come with a controller instead uses wifi with your device to control. Will be slightly cheaper as well.

The Mavic is the one that doesn't come with a controller instead uses wifi with your device to control. Will be slightly cheaper as well.
Are you speculating or is this information from a reliable source? I'm just curious.

Last edited:
Here are the Mavic labels from DJI's FCC listings:

Labels.png

The FCC filings show the operating range is as follows for both the M1P and M1S:

2.412 GHz to 2.462 GHz
2.4035 GHz to 2.4775 GHz
2.4055 GHz to 2.4775 GHz
2.4105 GHz to 2.4725 GHz
5.18 GHz to 5.24 GHz
5.745 GHz to 5.825 GHz

Reactions: asaerong
It was mentioned at the release event that there would be a wifi only version that retails for 699 I believe. Don't quote me on that. But for sure a wifi only version that doesn't come with the controller. This will directly compete with the $899 karma version with no camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm speculating that they will call the wifi only version the Mavic. The Pro version will likely include the controller. Personally I don't see a future for the Phantom. Their work will go into the Mavic 2 and next models of the Inspire line.

It was mentioned at the release event that there would be a wifi only version that retails for 699 I believe.
At the release, DJI mentioned the Mavic Pro can be purchased for $749 without an RC or $999 with the RC.

I'm sorry $749 is correct. But I would not be surprised to see the version changed to Mavic. Time will tell....

I'm sorry $749 is correct. But I would not be surprised to see the version changed to Mavic.
The version without the RC? That would be super odd. It's still a Mavic Pro -- just being sold without an RC.

Check out the article above. The author decompiled the DJI GO app and found there at least seems to be a difference in the camera. DJI has created P3 models with different cameras, so it would be more likely than simply removing the remote controller from the box and changing the label.

Yes total speculation but the version without RC. They very well could change camera and even other things.

I think DJI will absolutely release a cut-down version without 4k capability much like the P4 Advanced. It makes sense for them to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3