DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App says 'DISCONNECTED' Mavic Pro & P4 - Apple & Android

Downunder

Reactions
Went flying with a mate over the weekend and experienced many many app 'disconnected' incidents.

My mate is flying a P4 with an iPad. I'm flying a Mavic with both an iPhone 7plus and sometimes with a Google Pixel.

Out of the 40 or so flight we both over the 3 days we both had about 20 - 25 application disconnect messages. I had way more on the Mavic than mates P4. He had a few.

I kept switching between my Google Pixel and my iPhone 7 plus to see if the problem was phone related but it made no real improvement.

The controller would stay connected and the mavic was only 10 - 15 meters away when the app 'disconnected'

The only way I could get the DJI GO back working during the flight was to reboot the controller during the flight. A bit risky I know but being on a large open beach with no-one around was not too much of an issue as the Mavic controller would come good before the RTH kicked in.

Both the P4 and Mavic Pro are fully up to date.

I'm guessing this is a well known issue at the moment?

Hello! New Mavic owner. I have only experienced the problem on start up, not while up in the air. Both with ios and android. I think, its better when using the large USB connector but I'm not sure...

I am having the same problem. I can fly the done but "gimble disconnected" appears al the time. Yesterday it all worked, now I go into the app and I can not setup anything . I changed the USB to the bottom of the RC and nothing. please help. DJI has a louzy customer service.

Experienced this today. App says Disconnected. I left the drone to stay up in the sky while I restart the app, reconnect, etc. None of it worked. It's like controller stopped sending any data back to the phone. App wouldn't even recognize that something is plugged in.

Fixed by landing, rebooting the controller. App came up right away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS