DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App showing disconnected, can fly but no video feed on phone

Hi, I'm having the same issues as the original poster. Was able to fly a few times but now my phone wont connect with the controller regardless which port I try to use. I have also tried multiple cables. The controller will charge through the side port, but will not connect to DJI assistant so I cant upgrade/reset the firmware on the controller.

Like above, I can actually fly the drone with the controller fine but there is just no video feed and it says "disconnected"

Does anyone happen to have any solutions? Is there a reset button combo for the controller?

thx in advance

Make sure you don't have a cable plugged into the left side of your remote controller if you're using the USB port at the bottom of the remote controller.

Haaaaa.... thank you!
I was going crazy as *every* USB cable I tried wasn't working anymore (no connection with the RC from my newly received Shield K1) when I saw your reply here, noticed that, indeed, the little USB cable from DJI on the left was plugged, so unplugged it, connected my RC on the Shield and everything's okay now!
So, a big thank you for this. :)

Update: I uninstalled the 2 apps and then reinstalled only the DJI Go app. Now it worked perfectly. Here's hoping that isn't temporary.[/QUOT
Try again with your phone in airplane mode. If you've got poor cellular signal the phone can interfere with the controller video reception

After trying to uninstall and reinstall over and over, I finally put my phone into airplane mode and it
immediately connected. So I flew with 3 batteries this way. I was in a poor cell coverage area.

Reactions: pacso
I posted something similar in a related thread, but I'm experiencing the same situation as SauceKing90210.
Hi, I'm having the same issues as the original poster. Was able to fly a few times but now my phone wont connect with the controller regardless which port I try to use. I have also tried multiple cables. The controller will charge through the side port, but will not connect to DJI assistant so I cant upgrade/reset the firmware on the controller.

Like above, I can actually fly the drone with the controller fine but there is just no video feed and it says "disconnected"

Does anyone happen to have any solutions? Is there a reset button combo for the controller?

thx in advance

I've been experiencing the same situation. Everything was working fine (first 4 flights) and now I can't get a video feed in the app. I've tried the side FireWire, the bottom USB, have reinstalled the app multiple times, and have tried multiple devices. I have to think it's a firmware issue, but I too am having issues connecting to Assistant 2 to update the RC firmware. The RC charges using the side port. Have to think it's a firmware issue, but really looking for some guidance. SauceKing90210, were you ever able to work through this?

I am able to connect my phone and see the controls, but I don't see the video stream. It records great videos, but I can't see them while flying. I will try again tomorrow.

I had the same problem yesterday. On the old firmware, 01.03.04, I had no issues. I will try rolling it back and let you know. 4 disconnects from video, 1 app crash yesterday. iPhone 6s+ airplane mode.

today, I had no issues. Yesterday, I was wearing my Apple Watch, today I was not. i will verify tomorrow if that was the issue. I am using an iPhone 6s, not in airplane mode.

Hi Stevomaca,
did you finally fix it?
I have the same problem since last week after I applied Litchi on my iPhone7. Now when I enter GO PRO 4 the Mavic shows as disconnected. So does Litchi. Both Apps work fine on iPad. The cable cannot be the issue, I have tried several, including USB. Uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 did not work either.
Does this mean I cannot use my iPhone7 for flying anymore?

Hi Stevomaca,
did you finally fix it?
I have the same problem since last week after I applied Litchi on my iPhone7. Now when I enter GO PRO 4 the Mavic shows as disconnected. So does Litchi. Both Apps work fine on iPad. The cable cannot be the issue, I have tried several, including USB. Uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 did not work either.
Does this mean I cannot use my iPhone7 for flying anymore?
try restore and upgrade your iOS.

Same probleme here. iPhone 6S would make the "Woooohhh" sound (like when you charge it). While flying.

Would disconnect the videofeed and give all sorts of random errors. Closing the app and starting would give the video link back. One time the gimbal was stuck as well in forward position.

Tried my girlfriend's iPhone 5S... no problems. Back to iPhone 6S: Problems. So I cleaned the charging port of my iPhone VERY CAREFULLY with a wooden toothpick, all sorts of lint came out.

Problem gone.

Looks like the connection needs to be very well voor the Mavic app to get the live feed accross.

PS: Be very careful cleaning the charging port. Do this at own risk.

Same probleme here. iPhone 6S would make the "Woooohhh" sound (like when you charge it). While flying.

Would disconnect the videofeed and give all sorts of random errors. Closing the app and starting would give the video link back. One time the gimbal was stuck as well in forward position.

Tried my girlfriend's iPhone 5S... no problems. Back to iPhone 6S: Problems. So I cleaned the charging port of my iPhone VERY CAREFULLY with a wooden toothpick, all sorts of lint came out.

Problem gone.

Looks like the connection needs to be very well voor the Mavic app to get the live feed accross.

PS: Be very careful cleaning the charging port. Do this at own risk.

I can't tell you how many times I've come across phones with lint and dirt packed into the charging port - a little bit gets trapped, and every time you insert a cable it gets compressed. At least with the Lightning and Micro USB ports, they're pretty easy to clean out.

I highly recommend everyone does it every few months - not only can dirt/lint cause charging issues, but it can retain moisture and cause corrosion. As servowire said, a wooden toothpick is perfect. I have used a pair of very fine jewellers tweezers in the past (and even bent staples or the iPhone SIM removal tool at a pinch), just remember to turn the device off completely (remove the battery if possible).

Use a strong light to see into the port, and do a final clean with IPA spray if available.

Wow... thanks "Flawless"... I tried cleaning out my lightning charging port and found that quite a bit of lint came out. (It's a three year old iPhone 5s) Well... so far, it's done the trick! Thanks!

I had this issued constantly since purchase. it is random, i use the side cable to an iphone 7 plus. The fix i do is while in flight pull out the top left cable from the controller and put it back in, and within 3 seconds my video comes back.

I got a new cable Ankor brand, which is rubber coated, really nice quality, on amazon for about 7 pounds, 20cm and this solved if. Seems they ship Mavics with terrible quality cables.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S