DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App will not run on SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2

zvisegal

Reactions
Any idea why DJI App will not run on my Samsung tablet.

It says the device is not compatible (Android 4.2.2).

You'll need to sideload the DJI GO 4 APK like this. You can download the current DJI GO 4 APK here.

Did you enable the "Unknown sources" setting? If so, another problem might be that the APK only partially downloaded. If neither of those are the issue, then check out the other common problems here.

Looks like it is a device compatibility issue.

I will try to further investigate and update.

Thanks.

What happens when you try to connect? Are you getting text warning messages on the screen or does the gui act strangely and fails to connect?

He can't even install the app... which is normal due to too old android version.

I have the 2012 model note 10.1 that I update to 4.4.2 and the app will load but will not connect to the mavic. So I bought a cheap acer with built in GPS and it works perfect. It is only a 7 inch but I got it so I would have dedicated tab for it and not use my note 4

Tablet over 5 years old, technology standard that's old sorry... just may have to get a new tablet or phone

Thanks for fast response.
I followed your instructions, but when opening the apk I get a "parsing error.
I just had your same problem, I have an old tab 2 10.1 inch. I could not side load the app as I got the phrasing error. I had to upgrade the rom to
CyanogenMod 12. It wiped off all the apps and bloatware. I was able to get my dji go4 to install on it. I have still not tested it in action as I am still having gimbal problems. I hope this helps

Very intresting.

How much memory you have and how much was consumed by the OS ?

I wonder if the tablet can handle effectively the video throughput through USB port and control with reasonable response time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S