DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple HDMI adaptor

omerk

Reactions
Anyone tried using the apple HDMI adopter and mirroring the dji app off the iPhone to a tv screen?

That's not possible. The controller is plugged into the lightning port so you cannot plug in the HDMI adapter. If your thinking of using the Lightning power port on the HDMI adapter that will not work because it is only designed to get power to charge the phone while your using the device to stream video.

Rob

Reactions: rossmoney
That's not possible. The controller is plugged into the lightning port so you cannot plug in the HDMI adapter. If your thinking of using the Lightning power port on the HDMI adapter that will not work because it is only designed to get power to charge the phone while your using the device to stream video.

Rob

How about mirroring with an Apple TV?

Yes that will work with airplay.

How about mirroring with an Apple TV?
I would expect to see lots of interference..
you're essentially broadcasting 2 wifi networks from the phone/controller combo... they may mess each other up.

I'll say that I've successfully mirrored with an Apple TV in my home like 5 feet away, but don't expect to get a ton of range out of it

Reactions: superdave5050
I use airplay with my Apple TV ,on my back porch. The 48" tv is wall mounted on the patio. I can be about 20 ft away and it works great. Everyone can sit around the picnic table and watch the flight on the tv. It's great. And now it even plays the sound. Very cool.

Reactions: rossmoney

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS