DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple shipping times

Tyler3912

Reactions
Hey guys I created this thread because I've read a lot of controversy on Apple's current situation with the mavic.

While scanning through the forum I noted one user mention they contacted an Apple sales rep who informed them that mavics were in hand and ready to ship. While on the other hand I've seen users stating that reps told them they currently did not have any mavics on hand and we're unsure of when stock would come in.

I've personally cancelled my DJI order as I didn't see any light at the end of that tunnel. I have 2 recent orders in with Apple, 1 of which is ship to store 12/8 and the other ship to home 12/10. (Side note additional order with newegg on 12/14) if anyone has any information of apples disposition please feel free to express it here.

I ordered from Apple as well after reading about the shipping times. That was a few weeks ago and I've gotten no updates from them to date. Keep checking my email and hoping I get a shipping confirmation soon!!!

10-Dec order through Apple. Digital chat with Apple reps said the drone and props are "preparing to ship" but the extra batt is delayed. Will ship separately. Couldn't provide tracking details.

Order status still shows processing and no CC charge (hold has cleared).

Reactions: Tyler3912
You might get more hits in the "general discussion" area of the forum. That's where people usually talk about shipping. Just a suggestion.

10-Dec order through Apple. Digital chat with Apple reps said the drone and props are "preparing to ship" but the extra batt is delayed. Will ship separately. Couldn't provide tracking details.

Order status still shows processing and no CC charge (hold has cleared).
Seriously? Looks like i'll be on the chat with them tomorrow. After checking my order date, it's the same as yours. I was thinking i placed that order a few weeks ago...time goes S L O W when you're waiting on something you're looking so forward to!!! :)

Reactions: HTXflyer
Don't know if it's any help or not but I'd ordered with apple at start of nov which they gave me 9-20th Jan delivery date, spoke to them last week about it and they had no news when they'll get them or any better info on dates. (I'd asked due to managing to find one that would be here by Wednesday so want to check apple first)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Seriously? Looks like i'll be on the chat with them tomorrow. After checking my order date, it's the same as yours. I was thinking i placed that order a few weeks ago...time goes S L O W when you're waiting on something you're looking so forward to!!! :)

No changes so far. You?

if anyone has any information of apples disposition please feel free to express it here.

Hi there tyler,
I JUST ordered my drone 01/02/2017 and they are estimating MARCH. gross. how long did yours end of taking?
Thanks!

Ordered Dec 7 shipped on the 27th 17 days total est was feb

Ordered Dec 7 shipped on the 27th 17 days total est was feb
Thanks for the reply!
I just chatted with them and they said it's being "prepared for shipment"
But i've heard from others that even at that point it can take weeks..
ah well, we'll see.
thanks again!

I ordered from Apple 12/19/16. My status is listed as processing. When I learned that some stores had the Mavic in stock and were shipping, I decided to call and check with Apple. So, I spoke to a rep last Friday (1/13/17).

The representative said that I can expect delivery 8-10 weeks after the order. That's exactly what was posted on the website when I ordered it and I'm still ok with that timeframe. When I mentioned that Best Buy and Newegg showed the Mavic in stock and shipping (it's now back out of stock at BB) she said that Apple can only promise the 8-10 week delivery. She did say that you go into a queue based on your purchase date and that they fulfill orders based on that queue. She did say that it is possible to receive shipment before the 8-10 week period, but not to expect an early delivery. She was very nice and helpful.

So, looks like I'll just have to keep waiting. Like I said, I'm ok with the 8-10 weeks that they promised. I'm sticking with Apple because my company offers a 10% discount on the Apple Store for the Mavic and the Mavic accessories that Apple offers.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Why don't you guys order directly from Dji website? Ships within 5-7 business days. Duties and taxes included. Ordered mine a week ago, ETA is Jan 25 or earlier. I live in Canada.

Reactions: MavicPro5280
Thanks for the reply!
I just chatted with them and they said it's being "prepared for shipment"
But i've heard from others that even at that point it can take weeks..
ah well, we'll see.
thanks again!

The reps were pretty clueless mine was processing for 16 days and the reps keep saying 6 to 8 weeks then it shipped on the 17th day

I ordered mine yesterday from the dji store and I already received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

Reactions: rossmoney
Why don't you guys order directly from Dji website? Ships within 5-7 business days. Duties and taxes included. Ordered mine a week ago, ETA is Jan 25 or earlier. I live in Canada.

I appreciate the tip, the big deal is that I get quite a discount through apple as I currently work there.... Wish I could just up and order it elsewhere!

Reactions: Maxonio
An update for those who have ordered their Mavic through Apple. I order my Mavic and a spare battery on 12/19. I received both of them today, 2/2. A total of 45 days from order to receipt, including holidays and weekends.

Thanks to this forum and all of the advice and videos I've read here, I was able to fire it up and operate without issues. Only had 15 minutes of flight time because it was dusk, but really enjoyed the time I had with it. Oh, and I'm old school. I actually used my wait to read through the manual a couple of times. Lots of good info in there.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I ordered the Mavic Pro, two batteries, and two blades on 12/26 and the "processing" order was scheduled for 2/17 -3/10 delivery.

Meanwhile I saw DJI suggesting 3 weeks ago 5-10 day ship so I ordered direct for the fly more kit and that knocked like 85 off the price from Apple. Anyway it showed up yesterday from DJI.

When I went back to Apple, it took Apple a week to get my money back on the card as the Drone and blades were charged immediately. Go figure. Once the money was back I purchased the 9.7 iPad Pro based on its 500 nit rating for brightness.
57a7e60dacd236a6b4ef4b8196d35c5c.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost