DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple

I don't have the time or patience to deal with Apple on this. It will be quicker to just immediately return the **** thing when it shows up in store.

Reactions: EasyV
The closest Apple store is about 2 hours from me. The "supervisor" that I finally reached was very cooperative and understanding. I vented to him about my experience with my other points of contact. I asked him to read me the notes that the second person I contacted recorded in regards to our conversation. It was disjointed and contained gibberish and he even admitted to that without me even mentioning it. If you want his contact info I can supply it.

I emphasize with your pain. Apple just hit my card for the purchase which was made 12/14. So I'm feeling hopeful that soon the order status will change. I'm gonna do my best to have a "glass half full" outlook.

Well 10 days has come and gone and my Mavic from DJI Online Store still hasn't shipped. When I ordered it said "ships 7/10 days after payment". My card was charged (via PayPal) immediately after ordering on 1/5/2017. Hoping they get close to their promise...

Well 10 days has come and gone and my Mavic from DJI Online Store still hasn't shipped. When I ordered it said "ships 7/10 days after payment". My card was charged (via PayPal) immediately after ordering on 1/5/2017. Hoping they get close to their promise...
7-10 business days. They have until the 19th January until 10 business days runs out.

Reactions: Kydonahoo
Status has gone to "Shipped" on my order today. How quick are you guys getting the orders from DJI online store once they change to the shipped status?

This was a 1/7/2017 order on the DJI online store.

I'm determined to keep this thread alive at least until I receive my Mavic. For those who received theirs through Apple what was the typical wait time from the time they pinged your card and finalized the charge and shipped. Apple hit my card last Friday and the transaction is still in a "pending" mode on my bank account.

Got a tracking number from DJI today. Coming fedex from China. Says arrives on 23rd. So a little over two weeks from order to in hand if shipping is not delayed. I'll keep this thread posted til I have it. C

Got a tracking number from DJI today. Coming fedex from China. Says arrives on 23rd. So a little over two weeks from order to in hand if shipping is not delayed. I'll keep this thread posted til I have it. C

Not that it really matters but this thread is related to apple orders. You might get people's hopes up that are still waiting for there's ;)

Is this an Apple order or DJI?

DJI sent a letter to dealer recently, see below. If you have an order from Apple, better make a decision NOW.

Hi Dealers

This is an update as of this morning on DJI Products.

DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Combo
Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.

The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

Source: Farewell DJI Phantom 4, it's terminated - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

DJI sent a letter to dealer recently, see below. If you have an order from Apple, better make a decision NOW.

Hi Dealers

Although production is releasing more and more crafts, DJI have announced that they are withholding all production to service their own clients on DJI.COM until the end of January 2017.

The end of January 2017 is Chinese New Year, where we can expect a 2 to 3 week break in production, so it does not look good for us. At this stage, Please warn your customers that the Stock of the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Pro Combo is severely limited, but we hope that by March 2017 DJI get to the point where they have sufficient production.

Source: Farewell DJI Phantom 4, it's terminated - sUAS News - The Business of Drones
Thx for sharing. I see the Phantom 4 Pro Plus mentioned in the link provided. Is that a new (upcoming) aircraft or just a bundle?

Not that it really matters but this thread is related to apple orders. You might get people's hopes up that are still waiting for there's ;)
Oh, sorry, just posting here because my original order was with Apple and I had been giving updates.. I'll drop off now that I switched to DJI directly. Just thought folks could use the order-to-ship reference data.

I'm determined to keep this thread alive at least until I receive my Mavic. For those who received theirs through Apple what was the typical wait time from the time they pinged your card and finalized the charge and shipped. Apple hit my card last Friday and the transaction is still in a "pending" mode on my bank account.
My order was placed with Apple on Dec. 10th. I have had 4 "pending" charges hit since then and my order is still showing "processing items" on Apple's website. Thank you for keeping this thread alive and talking about Apple orders. Update - just cancelled my order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texasknowhow

Hi Dealers

This is pretty ****** of them, so people who ordered months ago from a major reseller won't get one before march but can cancel and order from them online and get it right away? This makes me want to cancel my order completely and say f#%! It.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

After going through a hard fought battle to cancel my 12/11/16 Apple order that was pushed out to a middle February 2017 delivery I ordered from Newegg on 1/7/2016 with delivery taking place today. I made one inquiry as to the expected shipping date and they nailed it.

I'm going I hope against hope that rumors of a delayed shipment to dealers like Apple are unfounded or not entirely accurate.

I ordered mine December 8th for pickup in store on February 6th. Just checked the status for the millionth time, says shipping to store! Will be there tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54