DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple

Nov 14th order here, hasn't shipped. Ship to home instead of store.. that may have been my mistake!

Trying this method. One on order from DJI directly and one on order for local pickup at the local Apple store.

Just a FYI for people that have not ordered. I ordered my mavic from Apple on November 20th and shipping date was January 25th. It showed up at my door on Friday November 25th. Not sure how I got one in 5 days but it happened. Now I sit here and stare at it in the box because it is why to cold to fly it outside. Also bought the care refresh yesterday as a separate purchase. Was activated within a few hours and was very easy online purchase thru DJI site.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
What part of the world are you in? US? State? city?

If you order from Apple and select pick up in store, you will get your Mavic in 2 to 3 days even though the estimated shipping time is 4 weeks. Apple stores get Mavics in everyday as unreserved inventory to sell. If you order online with in store pickup, you get first priority on daily shipments to the store that are not reserved.

Which store did you do store pickup for?

I am trying it now. I ordered through B.B. on 11-7 and still have the get it by date of 11-30. However, no movement on their end at all. I'll give the apple route a try and see what happens.Thanks for the info!

Okay, Apple is just as confused as Best Buy! I had the estimated 7-8 weeks for shipment. I had the order being shipped to my house. I started a chat to have it sent to the Apple Store instead. The rep told me that I needed to cancel the order because she couldn't change it. I told her to cancel the order and I'd resubmit. She came back and told me she couldn't cancel because my order was ready to ship. She was just as confused as I. So, it may ship this week but she didn't know....

Reactions: garypj1
Okay, Apple is just as confused as Best Buy! I had the estimated 7-8 weeks for shipment. I had the order being shipped to my house. I started a chat to have it sent to the Apple Store instead. The rep told me that I needed to cancel the order because she couldn't change it. I told her to cancel the order and I'd resubmit. She came back and told me she couldn't cancel because my order was ready to ship. She was just as confused as I. So, it may ship this week but she didn't know....
Same boat as me, except I tried to switch from store pickup to home delivery. Today the rep said it looks like it is "preparing to ship" (same thing they said on Wed last week), while my screen shows "Processing". As the days go by the Jan 12 estimate on my order is looking more realistic.

I'm banking on NewEgg.

I'm trying to figure out how Apple is fulfilling pick/instore orders... Last friday several stores showed up as "Available today" in which i was able to order online and pickup the same day. I actually believe this is separate allocation from those who ordered online with in store pickup for January. Anyone have any input? Hard for me to believe that some of these stores have fulfilled their queue and had extra available. I do remember reading that someone had placed an order to be picked up in store "ships by january", and someone else was able to walk into the same store and purchase a mavic and receive it before the person who placed the ship to store order.

Just a FYI for people that have not ordered. I ordered my mavic from Apple on November 20th and shipping date was January 25th. It showed up at my door on Friday November 25th. Not sure how I got one in 5 days but it happened. Now I sit here and stare at it in the box because it is why to cold to fly it outside. Also bought the care refresh yesterday as a separate purchase. Was activated within a few hours and was very easy online purchase thru DJI site.

Did you get notice from Apple that It was shipping early Or did It just arrived unexpectedly?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I get my Mavic tomorrow but was in the Apple Store today. They had a Mavic on display but no inventory. I was playing with it to get a feel for it. Unfolding the arms taking the dome off and the gimbal guard. I got an Apple guy to answer questions and he happened to somehow be associated with DJI. He flys drones all the time and has a Mavic. He answered a ton of questions for me, it was well worth the trip.

Well my Best Buy order has moved back to pre order so might try this apple route... frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Fyi it appears a bunch of apple stores recieved batteries today. Picked up a few in ny. All deliveries to these stores only contained only 2 batteries. You can look online for in store pickup

Several stores around me are showing in stock for batteries now....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61