DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Applying for SFOC (Canada)

kornbergler

Reactions
For all you Canada flyers out there, do you know if you need to be a certain age to apply, and how long did it take you to get your license? I'm under 18 doing commercial videos for companies.

Thanks.

For all you Canada flyers out there, do you know if you need to be a certain age to apply, and how long did it take you to get your license? I'm under 18 doing commercial videos for companies.

Thanks.
It doesn't look good for you, from what I could find.
Staff Instruction (SI) No. 623-001 - Transport Canada
4.0 GUIDANCE MATERIAL – PERSONNEL
4.1 Personnel Competencies
  1. Persons associated with the operation of the UAV system, responsible for taking safety related actions or making safety related decisions about the operation (i.e. UAV operator, pilots, maintainers and visual observers) must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
  2. Pilot
    1. Although the pilot-in-command (PIC) of a UAV system is external to the aircraft, they still have responsibility and authority for the operation and safety of the aircraft during flight time. As with manned aircraft, the PIC may not always be the individual manipulating the controls and may at times be supervising another pilot. The PIC may be supported by other crew members that have been assigned to duties essential to the operation of the UAV (e.g. payload operators, visual observers, operators of launch systems and arresting hooks and mission planners). Crew members engaged in the operation of a UAV system shall, during flight time, comply with the instructions of the PIC.
    2. UAV pilots must be properly trained and proficient to assure safe integration within national airspace.
      Note:
      Subject to regulatory development, it is anticipated that all UAV pilots will be licensed by TC.
    3. For pilots of small UAVs (25 kg or less) operated within visual line-of-sight (VLOS), the following are considered the minimum requirements:
      1. Age – Minimum age of 18 years old
I would give your regional office a call, though. Just to make sure. Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada