DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are any of you using the Katana for your Mavic Pro?

Shep

Reactions
Are any of you currently using the Katana by Polar Pro for any of your "ground" work or Real Estate work?

I bought the Osmo and took it back, and looking at other options. Would be nice to be able to do it all by taking just one kit. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: harryb
It looks nice. I was thinking of getting it. There are youtube videos of it. Its nice polarpro made one cause a lot of people are just diy

Love the idea - would be great if there was a way to use the Mavic in a low-energy mode where it didn't have to run all its CPU cores, sensors, etc.

Also a battery mod would probably be useful here as well.

Reactions: bpendleton
Mine just arrived today. Experimenting with at my girls softball game. Works well, nice secure, tight fit. So far I am happy with the purchase.

No, but I am using a DYI handheld rig to do real estate interiors with my Mavic, and It works great.

Reactions: Oldjarhead
Send us some footage. Would love to see how it turns out.
Let me get some footage not involving local kids. ;p Should get some footage this weekend at the Fire Museum I can share. Nothing any more controversial there than old fire trucks.

I'm going to try just holding the Mav in hand while using the Goggles, and see how irritating that might be, before spending $50.

Then I'll spend the $50.

I got one of these, hoping to use it to film multi-cam for a Youtube series I work on. Alas, the Mavic is pretty noisy for an "on the set" situation, so I gave up on that. Also, there were some additional challenges[1]. But it's a nice rig if you don't plan to simultaneously capture (non-extremely-isolated) sound from nearby and don't have another camera to use - pretty sturdy, and a comfortable way to walk around with the Mavic in your hands.

[1]: To do non-pro multicam well, you want a good scratch audio track captured from each device too, but the Mavic obviously doesn't capture sound directly. So you end up fiddling with the 720p "cache" footage, which has the right sound, trying to sync it exactly to the native device footage, which does not. At least in the couple of experiments I did, this was not easy, and it seemed like there were a varying number of "leading frames" (AFAICT, the Mavic always captures a few more than the local cache) to correctly sync the Mavic video and the cache video. This is probably related to the encoding/transmit delay, and the local cache just slapping "now" audio onto whatever it's getting from the video transmission, but, being that it's not something that's being handled for you, it's going to be a pain for any multicam usage. May as well get out the old clapboard and just sync the multiple sources visually.

No, but having tried filming by holding the Mavic it's certainly no Osmo (have one).

I took the plunge and ordered one hoping this will assist with doing walk throughs on real estate shoots.

I would really like to hear more and maybe even see a photo/video of your results.
Here is a shot of my rig. It is made of PVC, is lightweight and cheap. Makes nice stable platform and holds the controller so I can smoothly control the gimbal and all other functions. I remove the props for safety.Handheld DYI.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+