DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any Problems with Flying Two Mavics at the Same Time?

Butterpuff 6

Reactions
So, Apple messed up my order and sent a Mavic to my home as well as the one I ordered for in-store pickup. I was charged for both. I like the Mavic so much I'm thinking I will keep them both. But, I was wondering whether flying them both together could cause any radio transmission/reception problems. Does anyone have any experience with people flying more than one Mavic at a time in the same area, or have any knowledge of any problems I might encounter?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

While the digital communications between controller and vehicle are keyed to avoid interference, the Mavic system depends on a LOT of radio bandwidth to get its job done. It's constantly beaming back telemetry and a high-def image.

Another thread today mentioned that his aircraft lost a bit of control for the short time period that his friend powered up a second Mavic system. That's just anecdotal, but in line with what you're asking.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
I did see some stuff on a DJI manual that said upto 3 is OK at the same location.

The only problem I can see and it is a pretty big one is that we only have 2 hands! :D

Keep it though! I am going to pick up a second one just after Christmas Thumbswayup

as fragile as these mavics are, your gonna need 2 to get anything done. The gimbal's on the mavic are extremely fragile, and any accident, even a small 3-6 ft drop, will cause gimbal damage, and your looking at 2 weeks turn-around time on repairs.

The only problem I can see and it is a pretty big one is that we only have 2 hands! :D

Keep it though! I am going to pick up a second one just after Christmas Thumbswayup

Yeah, I'm keeping both; at least that gives me two batteries while I wait for extra batteries to finally ship. After all of that time waiting for the Mavic, I actually ended up with 3 Mavics in 2 days this week; one went back to Best Buy though.
362ae1107033dd3365d109e5536e9e2d.jpg

Not the same issue but my old P3 and
it's new Mavic little brother performed well as a two ship formation. I'm guessing most of us don't have the two Mavic option to try. At least not yet
3badf5e516bb521a7bbd6e904565fa80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

So, Apple messed up my order and sent a Mavic to my home as well as the one I ordered for in-store pickup. I was charged for both. I like the Mavic so much I'm thinking I will keep them both. But, I was wondering whether flying them both together could cause any radio transmission/reception problems. Does anyone have any experience with people flying more than one Mavic at a time in the same area, or have any knowledge of any problems I might encounter?

I've flown with other Mavics in the air near me many times. In fact, just yesterday i flew mine out 1,500 meters out with another Mavic pilot flying literally shoulder to shoulder with me, while at the same times two other Phantom 4 pilots were flying. We all like to stand near each other when we're flying our drones so we can verbally communicate which quadrant of the flying area we're in to avoid collisions, so none of us was more than 20' away from another.

Zero interference, zero loss of even a single bar on the TX or HD indicators, and no loss of video quality on my DJI Go app.

Hope that answers your question.

That said, I've heard that DJI controllers mash all over analog systems using the same frequency, while experiencing zero reciprocal interference to the DJI controller.

I've flown with other Mavics in the air near me many times. In fact, just yesterday i flew mine out 1,500 meters out with another Mavic pilot flying literally shoulder to shoulder with me, while at the same times two other Phantom 4 pilots were flying. We all like to stand near each other when we're flying our drones so we can verbally communicate which quadrant of the flying area we're in to avoid collisions, so none of us was more than 20' away from another.

Zero interference, zero loss of even a single bar on the TX or HD indicators, and no loss of video quality on my DJI Go app.

Hope that answers your question.

That said, I've heard that DJI controllers mash all over analog systems using the same frequency, while experiencing zero reciprocal interference to the DJI controller.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett