DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there many that truly find these incredible?

CCDD

Reactions
Based on the initial reviews by those that got their hands on a pre release version of these goggles, each of the YouTube videos seem to share the same overwhelming excitement/experience however, based on most of the threads created on this forum to date, the reviews from our members don't appear to share that same exuberant response. Am I missing something here or are those that are thrilled with their purchase just too busy to chime in?

I absolutely love the Goggles. It's like a movie theater for my brain. I even got Netflix to work on it. I just don't like that the battery indicator that shows how much power is needed to RTH is not there and that the Goggles don't have a good video decoder built in.

While the live feed from the Mavic is quite good, especially compared to just about everything else out there, it can't quite match the quality of the goggles themselves. The (needed) compression and/or drop to 720p is just too evident. So dial back your expectations a bit, especially if you're used to a nice Retina display or 4k television up close.

Based on the initial reviews by those that got their hands on a pre release version of these goggles, each of the YouTube videos seem to share the same overwhelming excitement/experience however, based on most of the threads created on this forum to date, the reviews from our members don't appear to share that same exuberant response. Am I missing something here or are those that are thrilled with their purchase just too busy to chime in?

You too, would be enthusiastic and effuse with your praise if you received hardware for little to no cost, in exchange for your "review"

The one thing that each and every youtube reviewer wants is more stuff sent to them to review. Well they also want more subscribers, views and clicks too.

Do you piss in the manufacturers cheerios?
heck no, you sing their praises, thus ensuring you get more stuff

Reactions: flyingduck88
You too, would be enthusiastic and effuse with your praise if you received hardware for little to no cost, in exchange for your "review"

The one thing that each and every youtube reviewer wants is more stuff sent to them to review. Well they also want more subscribers, views and clicks too.

Do you piss in the manufacturers cheerios?
heck no, you sing their praises, thus ensuring you get more stuff
I guess I'll just have to wait and try them out, BB is delivering mine on Tuesday, this is one reason I won't buy from DJI due to their poor return policy.

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
I think people that have never used FPV over the last few years might expect too much . I've been flying FPV for awhile now and have several different brands of goggles . The Dji blows them away in every category . These things are awesome and I have spent more on goggles that don't have near the features or optics .

I think people that have never used FPV over the last few years might expect too much . I've been flying FPV for awhile now and have several different brands of goggles . The Dji blows them away in every category . These things are awesome and I have spent more on goggles that don't have near the features or optics .

I never expected too much and have only used an FPV headset once many years ago from a drone operators who built a monster drone himself. It was an analog signal but it was still quite amazing. I've also used VR Goggles and what I expected and what I got was mind blowing. I'm definitely excited. There are some software improvements to be made, but the hardware is solid.

With the upcoming Note 8 running a 4K display, I'm holding off on the goggles and plan on using the phone with my current VR headset. I may modify the new Samsung Gear headset when it arrives next week as well.

So far I'm not impressed with the DJI goggles a local member has. Maybe I'll buy the 2nd revision of the headset down the line. For now I'm content with my $20 goggles and litchi.

Unfortunately all of my spare change is being saved for a RTK enabled eBee mapping drone. My hobby is more of an upcoming business in 3D mapping mineral reserves.

With the upcoming Note 8 running a 4K display, I'm holding off on the goggles and plan on using the phone with my current VR headset. I may modify the new Samsung Gear headset when it arrives next week as well.

So far I'm not impressed with the DJI goggles a local member has. Maybe I'll buy the 2nd revision of the headset down the line. For now I'm content with my $20 goggles and litchi.

Unfortunately all of my spare change is being saved for a RTK enabled eBee mapping drone. My hobby is more of an upcoming business in 3D mapping mineral reserves.
What is a good VR goggle brand to use with the litchi app? I am going that route to before I invest in the DJI goggles.

Reactions: kona
Idk. I really like mine! There are a couple glitches but that's kind of expected. I would recommend to anyone considering getting a pair.

Reactions: PacketRacket
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato