DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you keeping all your drones or selling something to make room for the Mavic?

Are you selling off any aircraft to make room for the Mavic?

• Total voters

cheebs

Reactions
I'm a bit of a drone hoarder, so probably won't be selling off any of my birds, just moving some of them to my vacation home. What are you all's plans? The Mavic however, will become my go-to for traveling, no doubt.

Reactions: dirkclod
If I had the means to have a vacation home I would also keep my Phantom but atlas I'm just one po' mo-fo who likes to fly and must sell it to get the Mavic. I love camping and hiking so it's a no-brainer for me. Perhaps someday I'll get that vacation home and have an army of drones.

I have 3 and really just can't let go of them . I fly a lot and see this new one as just another adventure .
Plus it's small so it won't have no problems going in here with it :)
da girls.jpg P2V , P3S and P3 4K . - Mia ,Dixie and Rebel

Reactions: Badm0n
I have Inspire too, so this is an extra bird for the hard to reach places and when out in the wilderness. The Inspire is the beast for real video work. Also have an Osmo but no wings :(

It concerns me slightly that it will be harder than before to keep the P3 batteries at correct storage levels if they are being used much less.
I wonder what happens if they get put away and inadvertently left untouched for months.
Will there be some kind of leakage (or worse).

Lithium Polymer batteries can be stored for a long time, I recommend about half charge (50%). I would still cycle them every 6 months at least.....

Well I'm still flying with all mine at the moment but see if the smart feature wasn't to work something could go bad .
Really hadn't thought about it that much cause I do fly em 4wd .

Sold my P4 to my brother. Took a pretty good hit as I only got it in July, but the Mavic will only be about a 70 dollar upgrade to be future proofed a little while.

Have 2 drones, Yuneec Typhoon Q500+ and the Parrot Bebop 2. Selling the Parrot Bebop 2 (usually $550 new), Skycontroller (usually $299 new) and Backpack (usually $99 new) complete package for $500. I already have $800 in giftcards and cash that I got as birthday gifts, so that's my plan to purchase the Mavic.

I figure I'll have 1 big drone (the Q500+) and one small (the Mavic) and that should be good enough for my needs. I have no need for 2 smaller drones (Bebop 2 and Mavic). Though I really enjoy flying the Bebop 2, I think I will enjoy the Mavic 10x more.

Where is the option in the vote for in order to convince the wife to buy the new one I had to sell the old one? I would have like to keep my P3P, but sold it last week.

I'm giving the Mavic a few weeks trial period then the P3P will most likely be headed to eBay if its all good,

Don't expect to get much back but anything is worth it as realistically i don't see me carrying the P3 anywhere if the Mavic is as good as it seems.

I can see certainly why one would keep an Inspire and the like for doing pro work and use the Mavic for fun, but I don't see why one would retain a P3 or P4 if you also have a Mavic since the capabilities are so similar. How many can you fly at once? I think I'd get the money out of the older hardware while I still could.

Keeping them all for now. I sold my P3A cause I thought I had everything covered with my Inspire and Typhoon H. Nope, I missed the smaller size of the P4. It was easier to take with me on hikes and riding. I wound up buying a P4 to replace my P3A.

One of the main reasons I'll keep the P4 is the ability to use my Ipad Air with the remote. I'll probably wind up making my P4 my "Litchi or Autopilot" bird though.

And lastly selling something that isn't the latest and greatest, you're going to get pennies on the dollar. I'd rather just keep mine...

With a Vision+, P3 Pro, P3 Advanced, a pair of P3 Standards, & a P4, I decided to sell the P4 to make room for the Mavic. Selling the P4 was the best choice for me as it paid for the Mavic. As a fan of autonomous multi-bird missions, having several P3 aircraft on hand makes more sense as the P4 completes missions considerably faster than the P3 birds. I hated to sell the P4 but it was the right choice and the right time.

I've flown 4 at once. :)

I can see certainly why one would keep an Inspire and the like for doing pro work and use the Mavic for fun, but I don't see why one would retain a P3 or P4 if you also have a Mavic since the capabilities are so similar. How many can you fly at once? I think I'd get the money out of the older hardware while I still could.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580