DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you using a case on your Ipad w/MavMount?

MavicMo

Reactions
Anyone using a case on their Ipad and using the Mavmount?

I've always had a case on my Iphones and Ipads. Some have been pretty heavy duty like the Otterbox Defender.

I picked up an Ipad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic and the Mavmount. I've got the small device holder. Was wondering if I put the Ipad in a Lifeproof case or Otterbox defender will it still fit in the Mavmount.

Also curious what people are using if anything on their Ipads...

Reactions: Aerial West
Anyone using a case on their Ipad and using the Mavmount?

I've always had a case on my Iphones and Ipads. Some have been pretty heavy duty like the Otterbox Defender.

I picked up an Ipad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic and the Mavmount. I've got the small device holder. Was wondering if I put the Ipad in a Lifeproof case or Otterbox defender will it still fit in the Mavmount.

Also curious what people are using if anything on their Ipads...

Why use a Mav Mount with an IPad mini 4 it fits perfectly in the RC?

Because the weight is all wrong. The Mav mount makes the controller/IPad more balanced not to mention the fact the screen on the iPad can be fully utilized in "landscape" mode as opposed to a small portion of the screen.

Why use a Mav Mount with an IPad mini 4 it fits perfectly in the RC?

Reactions: Aerial West
Don't need a case as both the iPad and Mavmount, along with all my other stuff fits nicely in my messenger sling bag. The reason I switched to the Mavic from the P3P was tired of lugging the dang suitcase around.

what about the magnets in most cases - does that cause a compass issue?

Can only speak for the Lifeproof - there are magnets in the front screen cover, but that can be easily "peeled" away I think...Just playing with it now it seems more sturdily secured than I thought. Probably just muppet user error though.

They don't affect the ipad itself, would the magnets emit sufficient strength to affect the bird? I don't think that the RC has any compass in it, unless you're suggesting magnet interference with the RC signal?

Don't need a case as both the iPad and Mavmount, along with all my other stuff fits nicely in my messenger sling bag. The reason I switched to the Mavic from the P3P was tired of lugging the dang suitcase around.

F6Rider exactly my reason for using the iPad mini 4 naked in the RC. I do use a sun shield to finish off my controller setup.
I find the balance to be very acceptable and only use my Mav Mount if choosing to fly with my iPad Air 2 which is now a rare occurrence.
I prefer to ditch the excess weight and clutter.

I have sold a ton of the MavMount for cases, and the post above is correct for the right clamp to hold the oversized cases like lifeproof and otterbox cases for iPads with the Mavic and Spark. It has the right size to take that extra weight and size. And because the ballhead is a professional ballhead made for real camera work, it takes that extra weight in stride.

It also works for the new 10.5" iPad and of course the 12.9" ipad... lots of people asking about that because they tend to overwhelm or not even fit the cheap models out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121