DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Argghh!!! Mavic Wont Take Off! NFZ, but not!

BrAinZ

Reactions
After weeks of rubbish windy weather, Its lovely today and I'm out with my Mavic ready to go...

Problem is that the Mavic won't take off as it SAYS I'm in a NFZ with an "unpaved airport nearby fly with caution" but shows a red triangle and won't take off :(

There ARE a couple of small airports nears by, but I have unlocked one and other says it doesn't need unlocking?

The place I am at is Yaverland on the Isle of Wight. I've flown here before, so no idea what's going on?

Anyone got any ideas?

Doesn't sounds like the NFZ is the reason it won't take off, check your status screen in the app to see what other warnings/errors are active.

Weird, It let me take off just outside the NFZ (well Warning zone) and also let me fly back to where I was trying to take off earlier, subject to ticking the couple of warning boxes that popped up on screen. Strange since I had unlocked the zone earlier, twice in fact in case I had messed up first time.

Maybe a TFR? Was anything big going on nearby? Doesn't the latest updates allow real time NFZ updates?

I think it's been the latest software/firmware updates. Before, as long as I had unlocked the Area the Mavic (or Phantom before that) would give a warning but still take off. Now it won't take off at all.
Ironically in my situation, I just had to move about 50m further from the little local airport, and I could then take off and fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa