DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Art or D-Log with new Firmware v01.03.0400?

noone

Reactions
Has anyone had a chance to analyze if Art or D-Log has the best dynamic range for use in post with the latest firmware v01.03.0400?

I know previously that Art with custom settings -1,-3,-3 was the best you could get out of this camera.

Wondering how D-Log compares with the new dynamic range update to it. What are the best D-Log settings?

In a week or so the likes of Casey Faris might analyse footage properly.
With the Phantom 3 I always used dlog and within reason you could make it look how you liked.
I'd suggest all on -1 to try at first, one problem with going very flat on a flat profile is it gets hard to see much on the screen while recording.

From the clips I've seen Log doesn't look as flat as Art on default.
Not sure if that's good or bad.

Reactions: Sloth469
I did a test today recording in Dlog and Art. They look almost identical. They post process equally well. Art was my favorite, Dlog is just as good now.

Reactions: Viper
I did a test today recording in Dlog and Art. They look almost identical. They post process equally well. Art was my favorite, Dlog is just as good now.

What are your optimal settings for D-log?

-1,-1,-1 ?

Reactions: wordnow

Assuming they brought back Art with the new firmware? (haven't updated yet) how is D-Cinelike in comparison?

I saw this on YouTube and Casey Ferris' testing recommended Art -1,-3,-3 settings. That's what I have been using successfully and it does grade well. I am wondering how D-log looks now that the have fixed it. I'd rather let someone else like Casey do all the extensive testing!

Assuming they brought back Art with the new firmware? (haven't updated yet) how is D-Cinelike in comparison?
Art was brought back with the Go4 app update a couple weeks ago. The D-Log mode looks just like Art visually and when looking at the RGB parade. D-Cinelike is unchanged.

Art was brought back with the Go4 app update a couple weeks ago. The D-Log mode looks just like Art visually and when looking at the RGB parade. D-Cinelike is unchanged.

So the GO4 app is good to update but keep firmware on mavic, batteries, and controllers on the old 3 firmware?

So the GO4 app is good to update but keep firmware on mavic, batteries, and controllers on the old 3 firmware?

I updated everything and it works perfect. Where did you get the idea to not upgrade anything?

A lot of people saying they're getting less distance, suddenly lose control, later firmwaves tend to nerf capabilities

It seems that the new firmware update has limited my HD transmission range instead of improving it.

It's not a good idea to run inconsistent firmware. The Mavic will see many firmware updates that address new bugs as they are identified. Running inconsistent firmware will likely affect any warranty claims you might have in the future. I'm seeing good range and overall performance with my Mavic on *.004 firmware.

I'm using the updated dLog and getting amazing results now. I'm on -1-1-1.

Reactions: 1dr1
D-Log at -1,-1,-1 is also working out well for me. It looks good to me and is easier to grade than Art.

Reactions: networth
Is it just me or D-log better in low light , I compared Cine and D-log and I see much better light transmission in D-log so wonder if it will be better for low light video/pics...Can anyone confirm ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929