DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2

HSN

Reactions
Unable to recognise the drone, only RC is possible. Pls guide, the connection lost during updating firmware

Hi. Make sure you follow these steps to connect your Mavic to computer.

I'll suppose you followed all those steps.
Perhaps could be the USB cable. Have you tried with another cable?

Can this program, Assistant 2, be run directly from the iPad Mini while connected to the RC... or does it have to be run on a separate, PC?

Thanks... I'll read more. :cool:

I struggled to accomplish my first firmware update. DJI assistant 2 (DA2) downloaded normally, installed normally, opened normally. DA2 however didn't recognize my Mavic. Went back and reviewed instructions carefully, followed all steps in order. DA2 still didn't recognize my Mavic. No icon appeared on the screen. I decided to switch from my laptop to my tower and give it another try. After the 2nd attempt the Mavic icon appeared in DA2. I have no idea why - it was just another re-attempt, carefully following the instruction. Incidentally, I had viewed the DJI YouTube instruction video on DA2 prior to attempting the firmware update.

I began the firmware update. What happened surprised me. My home network slowed down to a crawl. Otherwise operates around 30 mbps - plenty good performance.

I noticed it was taking an awful long time for the firmware update to run. After 30 minutes I had only finished 20% of the firmware update. The Mavic battery began at 100% and had drained to below 30%. I had to terminate the firmware update.

Any recommendations?

I should add DJI recommended I format my SD card. Puzzling - I don't see the connection. I wonder if I try the firmware update with just the RC... then just the Mavic.

Last edited:
Additionally, I've contacted DJI support online 3 times (via chat). I have received advice in each of the 3 sessions. The last session pertaining to DA2 download firmware update speed was frustrating. It seemed like the rep was distracted and did not give me their full attention. Clearly, had not been reading the information I had passed along. I am not ready to offer any endorsement of DJI online support - I remain mixed, slightly negative by the experience with DJI support.

I was never able to get the assistant to work for me. I just use my ipad and preform updates through the app. so far it seems to work okay.

Follow-up.

I attempted to update firmware with DA2 on my tower computer with no success.

Went back and connected my Samsung S7 edge and powered up. Was notified a firmware update was available.
I opt'd to perform the firmware update. It performed in a reasonable time and was successful.

I'm totally puzzled by the experience.

If someone crawled around here seeking for a solution for a connectivity between Assistant 2 and the Drone, assuming you are using windows, re-boot windows disabling the Driver Signature Check-up and reinstall DJI assistant. That solved the problem among a few people, including me.

DJI Assistant 2 is an absolute piece of crap bit of software!
I've followed the directions in the video exactly and it never reliably works!
Sometime the drone connects, sometimes. Not currently, now on my 10+th attempt at connecting - nothing. Gone through half a dozen battery changes trying various connection sequences, log in, log out, etc. Useless!
My controller hasn't been recognized for months!
Flakey as F&*#!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54