DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asurion - Putting It To Use - Pics & Follow Up

HelloNasty1

Reactions
Well, I have been testing boundaries (safely) and learning lessons. This one cost me my Mavic. Hit an upper tree branch 120-125ish up in sport mode. Could not react quick enough. I should not of been that close to tree tops, especially at that speed. Used the GPS on DJI 4.0 app to locate.
de8d33a0f03126093b1fbc6f8db22680.jpg

Have Asurion, filed the claim (no deductible). Got this, which I laughed at given the condition of Mavic and how hard to get. We shall see how well they handle and cover us Mavic owners.
f04246b0a38cad85e85f5a0e9217a018.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
For anyone who ordered Asurion through Amazon and want to follow up on a claim the number is 800-861-9387.
I called to find out how long until I get the email with return label and got transferred 3x until got to correct location. By the way it takes 24-48 hrs to receive return info.

Last edited:
Good luck, Asurian seems to be a hit or miss. I had them cover my washer and it took two and half months to get it repaired, over the promised 5-7 business days.

Good luck, Asurian seems to be a hit or miss. I had them cover my washer and it took two and half months to get it repaired, over the promised 5-7 business days.

With Mavic that is a definite concern considering still limited supply. I have always had good luck with phones.

I went with them for the 2 year no deductible for $150. If it goes smoothly it is a better deal than DJI Refresh w/ initial cost + deductible + only 1 year.

Basically within 24 hrs I received the instructions and the UPS shipping label. Now the real test, make sure they cover and how long it takes to get to me.
1467c15379f509544c24eb47f6c8e453.jpg

Reactions: jointeffort
Thats neat, i seen a company called drone world offering a simular service but they claim to use their own in house technicians instead of sending it back to dji for repair which sounded crazy to me but they asked like 200+ for it i believe. I ended up going with refresh and glad i did after experiencing dji's revamped customer service. They have been great to me so far

Thats neat, i seen a company called drone world offering a simular service but they claim to use their own in house technicians instead of sending it back to dji for repair which sounded crazy to me but they asked like 200+ for it i believe. I ended up going with refresh and glad i did after experiencing dji's revamped customer service. They have been great to me so far

Mine is a total loss, 2 completely broken arms, 1 cracked arm, camera & gimbal completely torn off, and all propellers. That's only the visual, it was a violent crash. Good times, LOL.

Definitely keep us posted on the progress. If Asurion declares it a total loss, they're supposed to issue you an Amazon gift card for $1149 ($999 for the Mavic plus $150 for the Asurion coverage). You should be able to use that to purchase a new one from DJI's Amazon store (or any other Amazon reseller).

Reactions: Jayfly
The only thing Asurion wouldn't cover is a lost/sunken drone right?

Definitely keep us posted on the progress. If Asurion declares it a total loss, they're supposed to issue you an Amazon gift card for $1149 ($999 for the Mavic plus $150 for the Asurion coverage). You should be able to use that to purchase a new one from DJI's Amazon store (or any other Amazon reseller).

I do not see the $150 being paid back? But that would great too!

https://www.amazon.com/Asurion-Year...&qid=1484921863&sr=8-1&keywords=asurion+drone

I'm shipping it out today.

It seems like you could use your Purchase Protection benefits on your credit card (such as American Express), to reimburse you for accidents that occur within the first 90 days of purchase. I'm not sure why DJI Care Refresh or Home Insurance riders or 3rd party insurance is really needed, but that's just me and since I personally don't think its worth it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143