DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

At 1.03.0200 - Any reason to upgrade?

Shaydz

Reactions
I know there a lot of threads on versions and a hundred different opinions on why each one is bad or good and lots of downgrading (not sure how to do that with iPhone). Head hurts from trying to decipher all the opinions that are close to my question but not quite.

I received my MP around 1/5/17
I have had the gimbal horizon issues some have talked about and signal \ range issues out after 5000 ft. but that is about it.

The app is saying I need to upgrade to firmware .700 .
Do I need to (can I only to .400)? What is gained? Anything Worse? Can I use Hangar 360 with my current version?

I am currently:
- Using Iphone 7 +
- App Version 4.0.8
- Aircraft Version 01.03.0200
- Remote Controller Version 01.03.0200
- App Database Version 00.00.01.04

Thanks in advance. This is an amazing community.

I personally think .700 is rock solid. You for one cannot use the DJI Goggles without .700.

I don't think this is true Cyber. .700 offers more support for the goggles... but the goggles were being used with the first FW to be released with the Mavic. Obviously all these testers weren't on .700 either right?

I think it has less to do with the FW and more to do with the App maybe.

I think as long as the goggles will pair to the bird like the controller and phone does it will work.

I could be wrong.

Thanks for the replies.
I do fly every weekend (Ride and Fly on my Motorcycle), but will probably not be using goggles any time soon ( a little pricey).
Really just curious about if you can upgrade to intermittent versions (like .400) instead of the one the app is telling me it will upgrade to (.700) and If I should.
I plan on trying the Hangar 360 app in a bout an hour to see if this version (.200) supports it.

Thanks for the replies.
I do fly every weekend (Ride and Fly on my Motorcycle), but will probably not be using goggles any time soon ( a little pricey).
Really just curious about if you can upgrade to intermittent versions (like .400) instead of the one the app is telling me it will upgrade to (.700) and If I should.
I plan on trying the Hangar 360 app in a bout an hour to see if this version (.200) supports it.

.200 is the hackable one from what I read in another thread. Too bad we can't figure out a way to download that off your craft. Anyway I know this site doesn't condone hacking firmware, but interesting for me anyway.

If ain't broke don't fix it as the saying goes.
If you're not after using the goggles and not really care about Fixed Wing mode and your MP is flying/performing as it should why inject hassles/frustrations in your life.
I myself am still flying in FW .400 and GO app 4.0.5 on my J7 phone and really happy w/ the performance of my MP.
And I'm really not interested in that Fixed Wing mode and goggles, maybe someday if I fell the needs of upgrading I will but for now, I'M GOOD!!!!

Reactions: jdcntulsa
I know there a lot of threads on versions and a hundred different opinions on why each one is bad or good and lots of downgrading (not sure how to do that with iPhone). Head hurts from trying to decipher all the opinions that are close to my question but not quite.

I received my MP around 1/5/17
I have had the gimbal horizon issues some have talked about and signal \ range issues out after 5000 ft. but that is about it.

The app is saying I need to upgrade to firmware .700 .
Do I need to (can I only to .400)? What is gained? Anything Worse? Can I use Hangar 360 with my current version?

I am currently:
- Using Iphone 7 +
- App Version 4.0.8
- Aircraft Version 01.03.0200
- Remote Controller Version 01.03.0200
- App Database Version 00.00.01.04

Thanks in advance. This is an amazing community.
Stick with 200, check out my issues after upgrading!!!!

Mavic landing issues after upgrading to firmware 400 from 200

.200 is the hackable one from what I read in another thread. Too bad we can't figure out a way to download that off your craft. Anyway I know this site doesn't condone hacking firmware, but interesting for me anyway.

What do you mean 200 was the hackable one?

Thanks for the replies.

don't upgrade to 700, it will permanently handicap your usable battery level

I am on 1.03 200 too and it works great no problems at all just hoping my goggles will work ok :)

Sounds like you have the VPS turned off. I do not have that issue with .400 if VPS is turned on. I also used .200 there was no difference between the two versions when it came to landing.

Rob

After I updated I went into DJI Go 4 app and made sure everything was turned back on..... the thing is that it is intermittent. Sometimes it does it, other times it doesn't. Never had this issue on 200

see vid:

Thanks for the replies.

Yes you can update to .400 and not go to .700 but that will not remove the Nag screen you are getting.

My advice would be to upgrade to .400 now while it's still available. The main difference between .200 and .400 is that the Ultra sonic unit is now tested when the drone is powered on and the compass system was fixed so that they can be used independently should one of them give incorrect readings. Other than that they are pretty much the same. If you go higher than .400 you enter the NFZ area of upgrades.

At any point in time you can always get the latest firmware but right now is the only time you will be able to go to .400 and upgrade without additional NFZ stuff being added.

BTW no one can be sure just yet that the goggles do not work with .400. We will have to wait until the end of the month when someone who still uses .400 tries it. One thing is certain. As pointed out in the previous post they did have Beta testers using the Goggles with .400 the only question is did DJI change the firmwares compatibility in the final version of the goggles that is being shipped.

Rob

Reactions: Islandguy27
After I updated I went into DJI Go 4 app and made sure everything was turned back on..... the thing is that it is intermittent. Sometimes it does it, other times it doesn't. Never had this issue on 200

see vid:

No that is not normal with .400 and VPS turned on.
You might want to reinstall the firmware and the App while it is still easy to do and try it again. Mine lands very smoothly, nothing like that.

Rob

see vid:

If this video you're showing is of FW .400, I have never
No that is not normal with .400 and VPS turned on.
You might want to reinstall the firmware and the App while it is still easy to do and try it again. Mine lands very smoothly, nothing like that.

Rob
Never seen that on mine either.

Great replies. I'm not sure I can just upgrade to .400 though. The message it gives me is .700 is the update available.
If I click the upgrade will it give me a choice?

Oh. FYI .. Hanger 360 and .200 - failed twice so I flew it and got my own pans, landed and tried it again and it worked.
Sorta. Went up , got the 23 shots, came down down but wouldn't land. Took over it with the DJI, Hanger went back to beginning and now have no way to send pics up to stitch .

Anyone have any good 360 stitching apps ?

Great replies. I'm not sure I can just upgrade to .400 though. The message it gives me is .700 is the update available.

Oh. FYI .. Hanger 360 and .200 - failed twice so I flew it and got my own pans, landed and tried it again and it worked.
Sorta. Went up , got the 23 shots, came down down but wouldn't land. Took over it with the DJI, Hanger went back to beginning and now have no way to send pics up to stitch .

This VM should let you upgrade to only and specifically 400
I created a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 400

Yes if you use DJI assistant2 it will give you an option for version .400 to .700
There is also a method to do it from the DJI app. Ask some of the other guys, I don't update from the APP because I find it to be too much of a hit or miss.

Whatever you do you better do it soon! We are already on borrowed time when it comes to .400
DJI may take it off their website at any time.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll