DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Anyone in Georgia get one yet? I'm still waiting on mine.
Joe I was told by my Dealer that his DJI Rep said mine (actually 225 units) was shipping this week...I am crossing my fingers but wont believe it until I see a tracking #..

Reactions: Murderer
Joe I was told by my Dealer that his DJI Rep said mine (actually 225 units) was shipping this week...I am crossing my fingers but wont believe it until I see a tracking #..
Got mine yesterday, only flown it once in my driveway for a few minutes, planning to fly Saturday and Sunday if weather permits

Sent from my LG-H918 using MavicPilots mobile app

Nice to see so many starting to show up in the area, sadly the weather hasn't co-operated the last couple of days; tomorrow should be better :) Anyone got any favorite flying spots yet? I've been going to Dunwoody park and flying at the baseball fields. So far, it's ok, mainly just one of the spots easy for me to get to with all the bad spots here in Buckhead.

Got mine on Monday. Took it up twice. I know we need this rain but come on sunshine!

Reactions: Murderer

Who is your local dealer? I ordered from Atlanta Hobby on 10/31, no word on deliveries as of yet.

I was out yesterday flying and tested the live youtube broadcast from my backyard.

The weather is not helping me learn how to handle this better. It's much different than flying my Phantom 4. I just want some experience before I bring this on one of my adventure trips.

Reactions: jasonhere
Duluth GA ... i have my Mavic. I usually fly at the Shorty Howell park near the football / track field.

Last edited:
Austell, Atlanta, Jonesboro. Birds been up a few times including today, no issues at all

Sent from [emoji211]

Adding myself to the list. I live in Villa Rica and work in Atlanta; I see several guys on here from the West Ga areas so we should definitely plan and meet-n-greet in a few months when all the drones are delivered.

I ordered my Dec 14th so I've got a while but if any meets get planed in the meantime I'd like to come check out the Mavic; haven't seen one in person yet.

Adding myself to the list. I live in Villa Rica and work in Atlanta; I see several guys on here from the West Ga areas so we should definitely plan and meet-n-greet in a few months when all the drones are delivered.

I ordered my Dec 14th so I've got a while but if any meets get planed in the meantime I'd like to come check out the Mavic; haven't seen one in person yet.

You will love this lil [emoji211] bird! In sports mode today I flew it all over the neighborhood hitting 65mph ! A few guys came over and asked me what is that? And I demoed it for them. Did the follow me on one of their vans and all. After that I jacked it back up to about 700 feet and took off!

Sent from [emoji211]

OK I finally have my Mavic now...Loganville GA....Just threw up a short video of Stone Mountain on youtube...I have alot of settings to tweak but loving it so far.

You will love this lil [emoji211] bird! In sports mode today I flew it all over the neighborhood hitting 65mph ! A few guys came over and asked me what is that? And I demoed it for them. Did the follow me on one of their vans and all. After that I jacked it back up to about 700 feet and took off!

Sent from [emoji211]
The max speed is 40mph. If you were doing 65mph then the wind speed for that day had to of been over 15-20mph. Also max altitude is 392-400ft. Nice story though

Maybe the height but I have the video of it hitting 65mph , it's crashed . Catastrophic too. Just now, best two weeks of flying. I'll send it in to be repaired

Sent from [emoji211]

The max speed is 40mph. If you were doing 65mph then the wind speed for that day had to of been over 15-20mph. Also max altitude is 392-400ft. Nice story though

Wrong. You must have the Mavic mixed up with another drone.

DJI MAVIC PRO
Max. Distance 1000m / 1km 13000m / 13km
Max. Altitude (AMSL) 4500m / 4.5km 5000m / 5km
Max. Wind Resistance 22mph (9.8 m/s) 24mph (10.7 m/s)

Wrong. You must have the Mavic mixed up with another drone.

DJI MAVIC PRO
Max. Distance 1000m / 1km 13000m / 13km
Max. Altitude (AMSL) 4500m / 4.5km 5000m / 5km
Max. Wind Resistance 22mph (9.8 m/s) 24mph (10.7 m/s)

you're talking Meters and Km... the post said ft and mph... my response is correct in feet and mph. I also stated what the max "mph" is and that a wind of 15+ mph would be needed to reach 65mph. Yes, I too have seen video off 60mph but as statement in that video there was a strong wind pushing the mavic.

Reactions: witnessthefunk
In Douglasville and got my Mavic a few days again. Did this group every pick a time or place to meetup?

In Douglasville and got my Mavic a few days again. Did this group every pick a time or place to meetup?

Still waiting on mine (I'm in Villa Rica). Would still like to meet up in the meantime to check it out though.

I've always wondered how safe is it to fly at a general meet up? If you have multiple drones in the air, there is bound to be some idiot(s) flying in sports mode showing of thinking they're a better drone flyer than everyone else. I pretty sure clubs and organized meet ups have rules and such to prevent that.

The park I tend to go to usually has 1-3 flyers at any given time practicing or just flying. I tend to fly my drone off and stay on the perimeter just because I don't know what another flyers next maneuver or flight path will be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22